maize (again)

alan

Reaction score
im going fishing on friday, commercial stuffed with carp, tench, bream, perch, roach, rudd.

i soaked qnd boiled the maples about 2 weeks ago, following on from Baz's thread, and they look and smell great.

i soaked the maize for 48 hours wednesday to friday last week, boiled for 30 mins and put back in the bucket. when i soaked and boiled i added some sugar as ive seen recomended, but now why the maize smells sweet and feels great the water has turned to a really thick surup, is that normal or have i screwed up and wasted the maize?

im also considering chucking a handful of crushed hemp in with maize. would that be ok?

ive got plenty of worms for the perch, ive been digging the garden up, and all the worms are in a tub with compost at the moment.

R

ROBO

Hi Alan don,t worry about the thick surup it will darken as this what happens when your mixing up the mix ,also you can drain the watery surup and use that in with your groundbait or buy a bottle of corn steep liquor it works very well with the maize but use only a little , as for the hemp that will get the fish going , good luck Robo

alan

Reaction score
thanks Robo, i cant use ground bait, its banned, but we are allowed to use particles so i figured a nice bed of maize should do the same thing.

R

ROBO

Also buy a bottle of liquid worm when using worms on your hookbait that might help too good luck Robo