ring insert

New Kid

Reaction score
The ring insert on the butt section of my rod is missing . Can i get a new one put back in? Can i do it myself or Is it a job for the tackle shop or manufacturer.All help welcome Thank's. Please note it is the <u>ring </u>on my <u>Fishing Rod</u>

The Monk

Reaction score
Joey knows a bit about rings and inserting thinks/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

M

MarkTheSpark

Main thing is not to use the rod with the insert missing - if you hav to use the rod, remove the ring altogether.

Whipping a new one on is easy when you know how. You need some matching whipping silk, the new ring and some hi-build epoxy varnish. I'm sure there will be an article about how to do on'tinternet but I'm in the middle of cooking dinner. If I find anything I'll let you know.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I'm in the middle of waiting for dinner to be served Mark. /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

New Kid

Reaction score
I've only had this rod (Browning) since November and only used ithalf a dozen times. Should I take it back to the tackle shop? Should they replace it .I dont think they have any more as it was the only one in the shop at the time.I paid £50 for it.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Yes...take it back, and tell em we are interested in the response you get /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

There are some seriously good rods on the market.....at least the blanks are good, but the rings let them down.

New Kid

Reaction score
Thank's for all your advice. I will take it back and let you know how I get on.

M

MarkTheSpark

Not a criticism, New Kid, but what happens to your nick when you've posted 500,000 times, like Monk and Ed? Old Kid? New Man?