New member from Cumbria

pensioner

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post here, though I've posted quite a few times on Flyforums, which I assume is affiliated as my log-in details for that forum worked here!

I aim to try to learn as much as I can from other forum members. I've had a long-term ambition to catch a barbel, a tench and a sea bass. There are no barbel in Cumbria, very few tench and while bass can be caught from the Cumbrian coast apparently, my efforts have led to nothing.

So I reckon I'm going to have to do a bit of travelling to achieve my ambitions. Therefore I want to get some good advice from people in various parts of the country.

gaz b

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :)

Gaz

Sent from my BlackBerry pudding using my Toe's.

rankin930

Reaction score
Where in Cumbria? I'm in Carlisle... Just started this year and joined Charlton hill syndicate just outside Carlisle...

Stevie

Sent from my iPhone as I'm too lazy to use a computer

Specihunter

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post here, though I've posted quite a few times on Flyforums, which I assume is affiliated as my log-in details for that forum worked here!

I aim to try to learn as much as I can from other forum members. I've had a long-term ambition to catch a barbel, a tench and a sea bass. There are no barbel in Cumbria, very few tench and while bass can be caught from the Cumbrian coast apparently, my efforts have led to nothing.

So I reckon I'm going to have to do a bit of travelling to achieve my ambitions. Therefore I want to get some good advice from people in various parts of the country.

Where in Cumbria are you mate and welcome to the site.

pensioner

Reaction score
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

Though I am old, the 'pensioner' comes not from my advanced years but from the name of my favourite dry fly, which I use almost every time I go fly fishing. I will post pictures and dressing in the 'fly fishing' section if anyone's interested. Its deadly for trout on the Eden.

In reply to a couple of queries I live in the tiny village of Cumrew, right on the edge of the Pennines.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Hi mate, nearest place for a barbel is the Ribble at Preston, I'm sure the Korum Kid will advise you about the bass in Cumbria:D