fishing in majorca

S

Stu Whalley

has anyone had any experience of fishing in majorca either shore or boat.
I would be gratefull for any help at all mostly for email addresses or websites. I cant find any trace of fishing in majorca but i know it exists!!

G

gary magee

Stu
I`ve fished in Alcudia Majorca which is built around a series of salt/brackish water canals and Lagoons these are absolutely stuffed full of mullett between oz`s and about 10lb. And under any pedestrian bridge it looks like a fish farm with hundreds of mullet fighting over the bread dropped in. The tackle I`d take is an avon type rod or a power waggler, approx 5 lb line, 5lb flourocarbon for hooklinks, a variety of legers, some carp controllers, and hooks from about a size 14-size 4. The Lagoons are quite shallow and floating bread is the best bait. But be prepared these mullett can absolutely do your head in!
If its Alcudia your going to take plenty of fishing gear cos the resort itself is a crap!.

M

Matthew White

I`ve fished in Alcudia Majorca when I was younger and theres loads of mullet to be caught.
I fished with a hand line and caught loads of them to about a pound. We caught so many some of the locals asked us to sell them to them instead of putting them back.
The biggest one I caught was on my last day- it was about 5lb- but when i landed it a stray cat took off with it!!!!!
The best results I had was fishing from one of the many bridges with a lump of doughnut on the hook and feeding with a hand full of crushed up crisps!