Forum Change

• Thread starter Graham Marsden (ACA)
  • Start date
G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

We’re planning to make a minor change to the way that forum nickname changes are handled. Specifically: when a member changes their nickname it currently doesn’t change on their previous posts. Now when a member changes their nickname, it will change on their previous posts.

This is partly for consistency, and partly to save tech the trouble of manually changing the nicknames on old forum posts when embarrassed readers post messages without realising that their default nickname is their real name.

This change will probably happen sometime this week.

W

Wolfman Woody

They should use their proper names - like WHAT I DO!

I

Ian Cloke

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Woody the Moaning Marlow Meldrew wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>They should use their proper names - like WHAT I DO!</blockquote>
woody_button01.gif

Howdy Woody.....

The Monk

Reaction score
I can never understand why people use nick names anyway, I rarely use my Nick name/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ed wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Me neither......</blockquote>
you dont have a Nick name only an Ed name/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

B

Bully

If I was called Ed I'd get a nickname.../forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Joey

Reaction score
I don't care what you call me so long as it's not Nick./forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Now we will see who the secret lemonade drinkers are.

G

Geoff Cowen

It's a bit pathetic that people feel they need one, they must be very insecure! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif- WHISKY DRINKER!/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
Some people are born with a name that actually SOUNDS like a nick name!

One of my friends is called "Pan Arse"....and that's his real name....well I think it is anyway.

Leave our names alone Granville!

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Geoff: I agree with you on your first part 100%. But the second part NO WAY ???. <blockquote class=quoteheader>Geoff Cowen wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

It's a bit pathetic that people feel they need one, they must be very insecure! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif- WHISKY DRINKER!/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif</blockquote>

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

About a couple of years ago. There was talk that somebody had started a thread, and was argueing with himself by useing two different forum nicknames (true) and it wasn't me.

If anybody can remember the thread and cared to put a link to it. It would be so, so funny.

The Monk

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Geoff Cowen wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

It's a bit pathetic that people feel they need one, they must be very insecure! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif- WHISKY DRINKER!/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif</blockquote>
Oi I only drink mead wine

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

No mate. But I think the thread ended by the duplicate poster saying to himself, well then we must agree to disagree. Hahaaaaaaaaaa.

Deanos

Reaction score
Blimey!....and they say we have problems! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif