Holt fleet fishing

big bad barry

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea how the Severn at Holt Fleet is fishing lately, i fished by the bridge one week ago and had 1 carp all day. I plan to fish on Sunday 16th Sept 2012 on the BAA water in particular after Barbel.

big bad barry

Reaction score
i think that is where the pool(s) are by the Wharf pub? i am hoping to fish off the lock island on the Severn i'll give it a go anyway. :)

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've not fished it this year but if you fish off the steps and cast up towards the weir you will usually find the fish, you will also loose plenty of gear while you learn how to fish it so unless you make your own feeders be prepared to spend some cash.

The trick is to use a feeder which is heavy enough to stay where it lands and then don't move it.
When you get a bite or want to recast wind in the slack then lift the tip as high and as fast as you can to get the feeder up in the water and clear of the rocks.

This is a busy style of fishing, I use one rod and a front rest, the butt should be on your knee with your right hand holding it, the bites will be fast and if you are not on it you will be snagged, this is no place for two rods and you should be casting every few minutes to get some food down and get the fish competing.

Good luck.

PS, If you are staying after dark the fish move down towards the bridge but unfortunately the caravan site is a bit of a magnet for the local nutters who can be a pain.

Last edited:

big bad barry

Reaction score
Never had a sniff! Fished for 5 hours and only a couple of taps, tried all sorts, pellets, xtracta boilies, halibut pellets etc, etc.
No one was catching i heard, maybe it's better late evening

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Unlucky, but at least you left before the boy racers and their dealers showed up on the track.

Did you fish the steps?

big bad barry

Reaction score
I fished a few pegs upstream from the bridge, heard it's called the "doubles peg" but no doubles for me!! Better luck next time i hope

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They're all up in the weir during the day, the bit you were on is better known for it's evening fishing. Day tickets from the caravan site or on the bank.