Barbel on the day ticket

big bad barry

Reaction score
Can anyone offer advice for a good day ticket water in particular for barbel in the midlands area?
An ideal venue would be the river dove, i live in Tamworth so within 40-50 miles would be fine.
I have a BAA permit and i know they offer good fishing but it's nice to have a change:thumbs:

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You won't find any day ticket fishing on the Dove Barry, all the river is controlled by clubs which don't allow them.

richiekelly

Reaction score
Day tickets for the Derbyshire Derwent are available from Derwent Tackle in Borrowash, 01332662379.

stuart mitchell

Reaction score
you will NOT get better than collingham ....best day ticket barbel water in the country.. bar none.....£5 a day./night....i fish this regular(at least once a week)....located just the other side of newark...nearly 300 pegs to choose from(plenty you can get your car behind as well)...and they ALL produce barbel....venue record 18lb +.....chub over 6lb...roach k
nocking 3lb.bream into double figs....pike 25lb+ and some big zander too......but be warned...do not turn up there with light tackle....you will need 2lb rods at least....2.75lb when in flood......feeders 4oz-8oz......if you want i can show you the ropes there....p.m me if you fancy a trip.....

Last edited:

big bad barry

Reaction score
Thanks Stuart, i have a work colleague who lives in Newark, i will ask him if he can help me with directions and i will give it a try, i have a martin Bowler 1.75tc rod so that should be able to handle them and i get my feeders from CageFeeders.com - Handmade swimfeeders for the demanding angler, have a look they are superb and he will make you any type you want!
ATB Martin

big bad barry

Reaction score
Stuart, is it by the weir where you fish? an ex work friend told me he fished there last year during the night, he said sometimes it can be quite busy but the fishing is good.
ATB Martin

bigfish74

Reaction score
Mad house aint the word for it we fished opening day at collongham this year got there what we thought was right and early but some had been there 3 days earlier than us
Water was arou d 8foot up i was told and we still caught and its a nice venue set in a nice village and fof a fiver well you really cant go wrong

Andy

B

binka

There's even an image in the revolving gallery on Collingham AA's website showing the queue for pegs 1 & 1a.

Or que as they put it :)

trigga

Reaction score
No matter where you end up Barry, i would recommend cheese as bait. They can smell cheese from a mile away, even a mild cheddar! Fishing from a boat is not recommended. ;)

B

binka

What if they are up stream?

I believe there is a formula for smelling upstream which deducts two hundred metres per mile if the wind is in the upstream direction or adds four hundred metres if it is downstream, for cross winds add five hundred metres, divide it by six and stand on one leg waving your hat around and exclaiming Eurika! ;)

B

binka

:D Run like hell and don't forget to take yer nets out the water first!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Collingham is a superb venue, but if you want a bit of piece and quiet you will not go far wrong on the Derbyshire Derwent, anywhere between Ambergate and Derby, plenty to keep you from getting bored :)

Last edited: