shelf life boilles

John Newman

Reaction score
Can somebody explain if these boilles will keep once opened

do they need to be refridgerated or will they keep in the air.

the manufacturers pack them in a foil bag but do not tell you what to do with them once opened

help please /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

BASSETT

Reaction score
as far as i'm aware they don't need any means of chilling or freezing' they just need to be stored in a dry dark place.

hope this helps

Bassett!!

Alnath

Reaction score
Do you know i have yet to see or hear an argument of substance behind this logic yet.

F

Frothey

easy - air dried freezer baits are food baits that are preserved by lack of water, add the water back to it and its pretty much as good as a fresh bait.

shelf lifes use a preservative which will stop the bait breaking down - and stop it being digested properly. dont confuse "digestion" with bait being passed through the fish.....

whether it stops fish eating it is another thing though......

R

Roto Fryer

whether it stops fish eating it is another thing though......

genarally a non HNV baits will not continue to catch at the same rate as a HNV bait.

it therefore follows that if a carp does not get what it needs from eating a certain thing it will have to supplement its diet. if a carp gets everything it needs from eating something it needs no further additions to its diet. there were tests in the 80's showing that carp avoided low nutritional feed for up to 28 days after eating them whereas they continued eating nutritional feed.

do not fall into the mistake of crediting a fish with the habits of a human. fish are instinctive feeders.

food for thought?

F

Frothey

why do you think certain bait co's anglers seem to push single hookbaits so much lol!

R

Roto Fryer

because they are northeners and they aint getting it for free/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
I TOTALLY RESENT THAT REMARK!

(If anyone has any free bait that they would like to send me...pm me, Derrick "even the everything for a pound shop is far too expensive as far as I an concerned" Deanos).

F

Frothey

i'llLEND you a bait if you like, it has been used twice though....