how to make my own

BIGMAN

Reaction score
Hello

Is their any one who can help me

I would like to know how to make my own boilies from scratch

so I don't have to keep buying them ready made from the shop.

Can any one tell me what the basic ingredient's are to make them from

and is it easy to make them your self.

I hope some one can help me.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Depends how often you fish but making enough boilies for regular carp fishing for example takes up a lot of spare time.

You need to weigh up the monetary cost of ready-mades vs the savings and time spent making your own.

Nice to catch on your own bait though!

Dave's article.

Peter Webb 4

Reaction score
Made my own boilies for about 3 years back in the early 90s'.It does take a lot of time and effort and is quite rewarding.However,I don't think I'll ever go back to it.Much more convenient buying readymades.

ben harris 4

Reaction score
there is a page on teqniques about how to make your own boilies of have a look on google im sure there will be some recipies on there /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

cheers

R

Roto Fryer

everyone should learn how to make boilies as a part of your learning curve. once you have a reasonable knowledge of boilie making you realise that you can make much better than you can buy for around 2 squid a kilo. it is only time that stops a lot of people making their own boilies.

there is also THIS. have a look maybe you will find something interesting

R

Roto Fryer

I have heard bad things about quality baits over the years so proceed in that direction with caution until you know otherwise./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

ccmoore gets my vote even though they are not so cheap anymore

F

Frothey

he might've learnt a lot about bait from the people he bought it from, but his fish handling skills suck Roto - you heard about the 40.......?

Mick Johnson

Reaction score
i feel you might right i buy most of my ingredients from cc more and use quaility baits when i am in a hurry as it is only 20 mins down the road . you can make bollies out af a mixture of maze flour semolina and corn flour and addyour flavour mix with egg boil 2-3 mins job done

R

Roto Fryer

not heard about the 40 dave.

"you can make bollies out af a mixture of maze flour semolina and corn flour and addyour flavour mix with egg boil 2-3 mins job done"

if you want to make a crap boilie follow that list. do some research first

Andyw

Reaction score
Mine are made from liquidised cat biscuits, semolina, wholemeal flour and the flavour of your choice... Have caught me a double figure carp!!!

F

Frothey

you can catch fish on anything..... but whether you'll do it consistently is another thing......

R

Roto Fryer

i caught a double figure carp once too /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif
fish44b.jpg

i hasten to add it was on a proven big fish catcher! my own bait after a good few years of cockups and lots of research. when you catch on something you invent its a big buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

before you all start it's the only pic i have on my com at the moment!

Cider Bob (GBs)

Reaction score
Stunning fish Roto.

I caught my Pb on homemades,however wont be rolling anymore though.

Three reasons, time,mess and the stink in the house which my wife quite rightly objects too.

Also agree with your crap boilie comment....if your going to make your own bait the least you can do is include some decent food/nutrients in it. In human terms it would be like being given a nice homemade pasty with all the filling taken out.

Cheap quality bait...try Destinybaits. Brilliant friendly service. Paul will send out samples too.

Andyw

Reaction score
But what about cost? I certainly can't afford to buy expensive baits? Let alone get someone to make them for me?

I priced my boilies up, works out at approx £1.70 per kilo....

R

Roto Fryer

the ingredients for my last lot of boilies cost me around £3 a kilo. 27 ingredients. better than 99% of what you can buy!once you understand your bait you can get companies to give your boilies that personal tweak and actually understand what you are doing!