W/Avon 18lb barbel

jasonbean1

Reaction score
i heard that a 18lb plus fish came out in a match at evesham yesterday...what's the river record then...must be close?

jasonbean1

Reaction score
i thought it was a bit bigger than the river record, be interesting to see if it's true

alchemist

Reaction score
Officially it's been 16lb 4oz since 2007 but I fish a private section which may have produced bigger but not as big as this new one.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And most private sections were club once!!!!.

What does that have to do with the price of fish? I fish a private stretch which used to be club, they lost it because the didn't respect the owner or the tenant farmer. The consequence was nobody could fish it for several years until after much persuasion a few of us were allowed to fish it on a very limited lease until we proved ourselves. Sometimes clubs are their own worst enemies.

barbelboi

Reaction score
And most private sections were club once!!!!.

And before that.................as I've posted before in the early 50's my late father and friends used to present themselves to the land owners of local Thames tribs with a crate of light ale, or similar, and retain fishing rights for ourselves for the season (with a top up or two).
Jerry

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
And before that.................as I've posted before in the early 50's my late father and friends used to present themselves to the land owners of local Thames tribs with a crate of light ale, or similar, and retain fishing rights for ourselves for the season (with a top up or two).
Jerry

That's a long time ago Jerry. I doubt it would get you very far nowadays,assuming you could find both the landowner and the light ale.

Re the loss of club waters I'm afraid [as usual] the selfish eejit minority usually spoil it for everybody else. I bet we've all lost access to good waters like that.

barbelboi

Reaction score
That's a long time ago Jerry. I doubt it would get you very far nowadays,assuming you could find both the landowner and the light ale.

Re the loss of club waters I'm afraid [as usual] the selfish eejit minority usually spoil it for everybody else. I bet we've all lost access to good waters like that.

Better than that now Skippy, being a friend of some river fishery owners I don't even need the bribe factor.:)
Jerry