Forum divided

bennygesserit

Reaction score
It was interesting to read different views across various threads but mainly on Sam Vines excellent I hate the Trent thread about different styles of fishing is that reflected in the number of people viewing each forum

bennygesserit-albums-my-first-album-picture3249-screenshot-09172012-10-45-42-pm.png

which section do you fit into mostly ? are you a carper a fly fisher a general angler ? If you could only choose one which would it be ?

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

As a rough percentage thats 27 % general fishing , 35 % coarse , 3 % match , 17 % carp , 7 % Barbel , 10 % Predator and 2 % fly not exact as I only sampled the most popular sections but interesting nonetheless.

sam vimes

Reaction score
I happily do a bit of everything and have gear for most things. However, despite having a bit of gear for it, I don't recall the last time I fished for anything toothy. I'm not entirely averse to fly or sea fishing but you'll be lucky if I play at either once every ten years. My imminent redundancy will see me having a boat fishing trip out of Scarborough. Sounded better than a lame excuse for a pint.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I never venture into the carp or predator sections - maybe I should go and have a look

Morespiders

Reaction score
I happily do a bit of everything and have gear for most things. However, despite having a bit of gear for it, I don't recall the last time I fished for anything toothy. I'm not entirely averse to fly or sea fishing but you'll be lucky if I play at either once every ten years. My imminent redundancy will see me having a boat fishing trip out of Scarborough. Sounded better than a lame excuse for a pint.

Hi Sam, how about a trip to the PaSC day 30 sept on Dam Flask, you MAY even get free membership:D

sam vimes

Reaction score
Hi Sam, how about a trip to the PaSC day 30 sept on Dam Flask, you MAY even get free membership:D

As it happens, I'm off that day, but only because I've taken leave to go on a fishing excursion. I can't afford another trip south, let alone PaSC membership.:eek:;):w Besides, I've got some windows that haven't painted themselves so far this year.:(

Windy

Reaction score
One forum sub-division isn't a fair or accurate representation of actual usage.

Three sub-divisions per user would probably be the optimum indicator of actual real world usage.

Certainly 95%+ of my forum browsing is in three sub-divisions and no more. Equally on a number of other forums I belong to, three, no more than four sub-divisions looked at regularly and consistently.

Sure I am not the only one.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
One forum sub-division isn't a fair or accurate representation of actual usage.

Three sub-divisions per user would probably be the optimum indicator of actual real world usage.

Certainly 95%+ of my forum browsing is in three sub-divisions and no more. Equally on a number of other forums I belong to, three, no more than four sub-divisions looked at regularly and consistently.

Sure I am not the only one.

But as a snapshot and with enough sampling ?
Actually perhaps the thread should have read forum united -by angling.
Just an interesting observation I thought without putting too much thought or maths into it.