So You're Sat There and Well Comfy?

Reaction score
So your time is strictly regimented by work and you stroll down to your local river or lake and drop into your regular comfy swim....

You've got your session pretty much planned in your head, but the conditions dictate a different approach...

Are you as lazy as me and stick to plan A?

Last edited:

Terry D

Reaction score
When you go down to your swim for a 'chill-pill' the last thing you want is to think about working at your fishing.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
While I will always try to adapt to the prevailing conditions I have to admit that if I've been thinking about a particular method in a particular swim on my favourite river then sometimes I'll stick with that regardless . . . and just enjoy 'being there'

guest61

Reaction score
My fishing falls into of one of two camps.

1 - Snatching a couple of hours - means fishing locally, one rod / reel, tackle box, bait, chair, net and bait. So no chance of changing tactics other than one of the many variations of float fishing.

2 - A planned day - targeted venue, yes I will readily change to suit conditions, in doing this I tend to avoid 'known', 'comfy' or 'close to the car park swims', so I'm learning swims from scratch and adapt accordingly.

My personal 'chill-pill' is to focus on my fishing and surroundings rather than the other crud that constitutes day to day life.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Firstly, being retired, my time is my own. I rarely have a 'set in stone' plan and usually decide when I get to the water. On waters that I know well, if I don't catch to expectations I'm constantly tweaking this - changing that - trying everything I know (and a few things I don't know).
Jerry
PS Especially for tincas, I rarely finish with the method I started with. Yesterday I took a good few from an estate lake using four different methods and five different baits.

terry m

Reaction score
While I will always try to adapt to the prevailing conditions I have to admit that if I've been thinking about a particular method in a particular swim on my favourite river then sometimes I'll stick with that regardless . . . and just enjoy 'being there'

Echo the post above.

I do trust my gut feeling, it has served me well on many occasions in the past,