Don?t be an Angling April Fool

Peter Collins 4

Reaction score
Are the "Environment Agency " chasing our Eastern European freinds for rod licences as well or isit"bash the british" asnormal. /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

P.S {At least we put our catch back in the water and not in the pot/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif}

W

Wolfman Woody

Since we in this area have quite a number of "eastern Europeans" amongst us, in fact Slough has now been nominated the new capital of Poland, I think it fair to chuck in a comment from one of our EA bailiffs.

He said that he rarely catches ANY Eastern Europeans WITHOUT a valid licence and that on the contrary, it is the "BRITSH" (whatever they are) angler that is usually without.

So there.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Perhaps the licence should advise anglers in a variety of languages to practice catch and release.

Reaction score
Great point Andy.

(Although it won't be long before somebody comments about being able to speak/read the language before...... you know what's coming)

It may also be useful to put a clear message, probably in words of less than one syllable, for the idiots who leave litter.

Alan Roe

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind I get mine by direct debit it would be helpful though if they would get round to sending it me.................

Reaction score
Think many had similar problems last year.

I know that you can't get it from Post Office until the final fortnight of this month. I shall again support my local Post Office by buying it over the counter...preferably on pension day where I shall engage the splendid post-mistress in lengthy banal conversations as the queue behind me gets longer and longer and longer. Out of my deep respect for Ed, I won't do this in a Post Office in Old Swan!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Laney

Reaction score
£25 wher else can you purchase a year of pass time pleasure to use all over the country? when exhibition centres are charging at least that much just for a day of walking around, and petrol is near to £1.10 a litre, i think the EA licence fees are the least of our worries!

and lets face it! if the fisheries were all left to private agencies to run, how much would you be paying a year to fish as many venues as we can now? and what type of care would our rivers truly be getting in the privacy of money hungry agencies with profit as top priority?

i shall be getting mine online as soon as i return home again, i can only fish in the uk for 6 months of the year, due to work abroad but its worth every penny i say!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Erm most fisheries are run by private agencies Mark.

But i have no problem with paying for my licence.

Laney

Reaction score
i was talking about the rivers Paul not private lakes! all ours are by the broads authority, but the EA do provide a huge service into there upkeep and stocks, private lakes arent really my bag but there are some good ones around!

Laney

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

In my area Mark the rivers are 99% controlled by clubs etc......with extra to pay.

Like i said, no prob paying....just want to see things fair n square, you see see things change in a Salmon area, /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Laney

Reaction score
never done salmon paul, still on my to do list!

my point though is, that all these people no matter where! are answerable to the EA, who do a fine job in al manners of the sport, including keeping foreign diseases and fish from our waters by maney hungry smugglers etc and keep the riversides managed so as not to be polluted by Big corporate companies!

if it was just run by private companies we would be in a bad way all round,

but guys like us who do pay are contributing to the up keep of our most natural resouces and should be proud, its the #****s who just think its fine to fish anywhere not pay and kill needlessly aswel as litter and vandalise that really get me enraged!

but i think leading by example is the way ahead, not to moan over the measly price asked to enjoy such a great lifestyle!

maybe see ya around when i get around to the salmon and trout scene, i will be the idiot making it look harder than anyone else/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

later,

Laney

Laney

Reaction score
ps.... i meant money hungry Doh/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Already bought my two licences on the internet. Annoyingly you still have to enter all of your details twice in order to do so.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

<blockquote class=quoteheader>PoshPaul (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Think many had similar problems last year.

I know that you can't get it from Post Office until the final fortnight of this month. I shall again support my local Post Office by buying it over the counter...preferably on pension day where I shall engage the splendid post-mistress in lengthy banal conversations as the queue behind me gets longer and longer and longer. Out of my deep respect for Ed, I won't do this in a Post Office in Old Swan!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>
I'll be doing the same thing myself ......

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Woody the Moaning Marlow Meldrew wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Since we in this area have quite a number of "eastern Europeans" amongst us, in fact Slough has now been nominated the new capital of Poland, I think it fair to chuck in a comment from one of our EA bailiffs.

He said that he rarely catches ANY Eastern Europeans WITHOUT a valid licence and that on the contrary, it is the "BRITSH" (whatever they are) angler that is usually without.

So there.</blockquote>
IF we were BRITISH anglers we wouldn't need a licence --unless the Scots aren't British -- They don't need a licence ..........