Chesterfield, Derbyshire

dalesman

Reaction score
Just been told, the company I work for are relocating its main office to Chesterfield and want me to go to in 2013.

Just seeking advice on the fishing in the area both commies and rivers/lakes from the local lads on Fishingmagic.

Thanks in advance.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Hi

There are a couple of commercials in Killamarsh - google maps will show you KJS or Norwood fisheries

Chesterfield canal at Shireoaks marine - can fish from October to March in the marina for about £4 or park up there and walk along the canal - free fishing all year (well I've not been charged)

River Rother mostly free fishing,
Back to commercials - Clowne has fishing again google maps will show you where

The Sogster

Reaction score
Also Pebley reservoir, Wentworth (Greasbrough Dams) fishery and Ravenfield all 30 - 40 mins down the road or less.

flightliner

Reaction score
Fifteen minutes over the hill and your in the derbyshire peak, you,ll like it there, nicer than the dales, you will have the river Derwent, Trout and big greyling in the upper reaches, big Barbel lower down.
Loads of commercials, canals, lakes etx.
You wont be dissapointed

Reaction score
dalesman, I know this is an old thread, but I live quite close to Chesterfield and fish the area for many species, mainly on rivers but also the odd canal and lake. The Derwent, Dove and Trent are all available on good value season tickets and within reasonable driving distance. If you've made the move and you haven't found many waters you're happy with, PM me with the species you're most interested in catching and I'll send you info on a few clubs worth a look.