buying traces

shields144

Reaction score
I ordered ten traces from this guy at the weekend, I thought I would give them a go as the guy that makes them is a pike angler. I also make my own from time to time

paulvjwhite

Reaction score
i do make my own and, this guy looked cheap however they never arrived eventually got a refund i contacted him to make a re-order he subsequently barred me from making any more orders even though he did e-mail me to state he had them returned to him by post office so i have tried to contact him by e-mail numerous times and he just does not reply, treat this man with caution as i believe him to be a serial messer. i will make my own in future

shields144

Reaction score
Which wire do you guys use to make your own traces?
Currently I use the drennan esox pike wire I'm wondering is there other better alternatives or does it not really matter?
The esox wire is 7 strand but the drenan 7 strand crimps are too small for the wire.

stuarty84

Reaction score
I ordered ten traces from this guy at the weekend, I thought I would give them a go as the guy that makes them is a pike angler. I also make my own from time to time

I have bought from him a good few times (a year or 2 back) without problem. His traces are good and I never had any bother with them.

Although I do make my own nowadays. Far cheaper in the long run plus you can make them to suit different baits and for pop ups etc.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Always do my own. I like Fox Soft Steel but that's because its quite limp and I'm after zander not pike. Every other trace wire I've ever looked at seems better suited to livestock fencing or emergency repairs to anti-submarine nets.

terry m

Reaction score
I too will only entertqin using traces made myself. Have tried many materials including the floppy titanium stuff, but I always come back to Fox carboflex, it may not suit everybody but it suits me and has never let m,e down unlike other brands.