Pocket handwarmers

broomy

Reaction score
Its getting cold again and my hands dont work well in the cold. I have two of the solid fuel type handwarmers. When they work ie the solid fuel stick stays lit they are great. However more often than not mine go out. Whats currently the most reliable that will last at least five hours.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I suffer with Raynards syndrome so suffer badly with cold hands, especially when they are wet, after many years of trying all sorts I now use Vaseline as a water repellent hand cream and fingerless cycling gloves which are surprisingly warm but thin enough to allow me to put my hands in my fleece lined pockets.

dave oates 2

Reaction score
I use chemical ones called little hotties.
https://www.littlehottieswarmers.com/
They are great and last as long as i can in the winter.
Just found em on amazon [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Hotties-Pocket-Warmers-Winter/dp/B001G6SQMG"]Little Hotties Hand Pocket Glove Warmers Winter Season Bulk Pack - 40 Pairs: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41gLJthGQHL.@@AMEPARAM@@41gLJthGQHL[/ame]
I got mine by the box from Costco, chat up someone who has a card, if there's one nearby. cant remember the price, bit cheaper than Amazon I think.
Got a few free foot warmer ones in my box too. Although you can put the hand ones in your wellies, I put double sided tape on em to keep em on my tootsies! (lived down south too long)
dave

dave oates 2

Reaction score
I'd try Amazon, work out less than half the price. Free postage too!
cheers, dave

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
I use the reusable ones that you recharge by boiling for a few minutes in a pan of water. For those of us who don't suffer too badly from cold hands they are great. They last for about 30 minutes in my bib & brace pocket and I bring two with me when trottiing in the winter.

sagalout

Reaction score
I have the solid fuel ones which I think are useless, I can't keep them alight and they are a pain to relight when you're out side.

I also have one that works on lighter fuel, and that is really good except the wick is knackered and because it is a johnny no brand I can't get a replacement so I am now seriously considering the S-Boston. Frighteningly expensive but the wick last forever (Zippos have a good name but the wicks are short lived allegedly) and it has a built in igniter and can be turned of.

Reaction score
I meant to ask Ron how he'd deal with the 'cold hands' scenario...

If I remember right; he suggested gloves....

1950s fingerless with the spirit of ****y sewn into the hems :)

Hope you well Mr. Hat and absolutely sincere thanks for all our help in the writing stakes :)

Last edited:

Steve King

Reaction score
The solid fuel ones should never be used in an enclosed space like a bivvy - they tend to give off carbon monoxide! The boil in a bag ones are effective and cheap!