New to this site

sussex river man

Reaction score
Hello im new in here and thought id say hi. been fishing for carp for the last 6/7 years and now im feeling the urge to go back to fishing for a mixed bag and traveling light! Will be hitting the river ouse around barcombe mills next year and hope to catch some nice chub,bream and barbel! i cant wait.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Hi, why wait till next year? Should be sock on now till the end of the season...[COLOR="Silver

Last edited:

sussex river man

Reaction score
Hi, why wait till next year? Should be sock on now till the end of the season...[COLOR="Silver

hi, like i said im all geared up for carp fishing ATM, i am slowly getting some new rods/tackle but im getting married in six weeks so money is a bit tight. i will be going for an annual pass at the Ouse Angling Preservation Society next spring any fishing i will be doing till then will be at my local carp lake.

Reaction score
Welcome sussex...know the ouse a little...crossed it regularly at Lewes when we travelled from Kent to Pompey as a kid...and my cousin lives in Steyning so have walked the banks near Lancing etc quite often but never cast a line.

Enjoy FM