closed season fishing

Iain Riley

Reaction score
Is it true or is an old wives tale that you can still fish a rivver in the closed season as long as yuor uesing a ledger and worm only with them lie to use about the bad weather i might go do a bit for a cupple of hours/forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

Yes it might be and no, it probably isn't.

You will have to check the byelaws with your local EA Fisheries office.

Iain Riley

Reaction score
cheers for that. its that or dig the garden./forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
You will also need to check that the controlling club/owner allows fishing during the period 15th March to 15th June inclusive - even if legal then not necessarily permitted. It was in the old Severn region that, subject to using hooks with a gape of over 1/2", you could fish for eels in the spring. Other areas may only allow trout fishing but not with bait. But beware that byelaws do change over time. Trout fishing oftenstarts in April (its own closed season). I would say that in the majorit of regions you will find this method illegal at this time of year, and given the opportunities for fishing stillwaters, hardly worth the aggravation.

Iain Riley

Reaction score
Hi mark as far as i know it's a free section of the river Arrow and as for the oppotunities to fish stillwaters that only works if you have your own transport as one time i would have cared a 90 liter rucksack weighing about 60 or 70 Kg if not more and think nothing of rideing 20 miles to fish but at the moment i have a fractured spine so thats out the question so my area of fishability is rather limited but i will check with the local EA see what they have to say.not to worry ah therse worse thing in life i could be married/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gifyours Iain