Ledger Stops for Braid

nicepix

Reaction score
After months of searching for decent ledger stops I finally located the source of the stops that actually work on braid. I was down to my last one and had forgotten where I'd bought them from. These are rock solid yet can be adjusted in seconds.

LedgerStops.jpg

Enterprise Tackle Adjuster Stop. There is an eBay seller who will accept a Best Offer of £1 per pack of four. ;)

nicepix

Reaction score
Assuming you are stopping a heavy lead; After the lead thread the line through the bead, then through one hole of the peg, wrap around the peg once or twice, through the second hole and out through the tube. Then slide the three parts together. Because the line wraps around the peg it fixes the stop solid unlike conventional ledger stops that slide under pressure even when using silicone buffers.

Obvious use is for bolt rigs or semi-bolt rigs where you can adjust the length of the leader and still have no chance of slippage when using heavy weights. Also, I use them for feeder rigs and heavy deadbait or livebait rigs such as a paternoster or heli-rig where I can adjust the depth of the trace without having to untie and re-tie knots.

I lost three of the four I orginally bought on snags and have been looking for replacements ever since.