newbie from south yorkshire

tilly05

Reaction score
howdy guys, I'v started doing some coarse fishing after a few years of sea fishing. Moved to Sheffield 4 years ago and only now have I decided to give it a go!!
Very basic kit at the moment!!
abu garcia enticer rod (10ft)
shimano omni?? reel...
assorted floats and some carp kits in boxes off tinterweb.

I'v so far had 2 outings,
Loversall lakes at Doncaster, 4 hours fishing resulting with 5 F1's
Loxley Fisheries in Sheffield, 5 hours resulting in cold hands and a lost rig!!
both trips I'v used method feeder with ground bait and crushed up pellets. Had 2 strong bites at Loxley but ran into lillie pads and, lost first fish, and snagged line and lost my rig with the second. Went onto waggler float but without any live bait it was very quiet!
Well thats my intro, and |I will be back at Loxley on Sunday armed withed, groundbait, liquidized sweetcorn, whole sweetcorn, pellets and a mixed bag of maggots! Surely i must catch something!!!

This is going to sound very "new" but, how do you set up a float fishing set up?? float on mainline ( held with silicone band for ease of adjustment) and tie hook to the end of that line at required depth?? what is the required depth??? or what is the usual depth for floating on a lake??
cheers Al

tilly05

Reaction score
Cheers guys, already read some interesting articles/ threads so will see how i get on at weekend and hopefully have some nice photos of carp to share!!

barbelboi

Reaction score
Welcome to FM Al, try using something like this for easy float change/adjustment - the required depth is usually where the fish are feeding, be it up in the water or on the bottom.
Jerry
DRENSILFAb.jpg