angling clubs in the medway area ?

ben harris 4

Reaction score
hi

does anyone know of any angling clubs in the medway area ?

ani info will handy !

cheers

little ben /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
As a youth I was a member of Maidstone Victory Anglers - which had the rights on the Medway roughly between East Farleigh and Wateringbury. Although sentenced to a gulag up North, on a cultural exchange, I know they still exist..or is that still a bit far. Lots of good free fishing on the Medway below East Farleigh through to Allington Locks..and downstream into the tidal zone.

Old Nick

Reaction score
Hi Ben,

Try this link http://www.fishe.net/kent/kentfisheriesaz.php] Here

Plus try Larkfield lakes which used to be run by Leisure Sport, not too sure who runs them now, plus youve got Darenth lakes just up the M2 (tackle box in South Darenth can help, may be a bit pricey though!)

I think you can get day tickets for Larkfield and one or two of teh Darenth lakes

Nick

P

peter webber

Hi Ben

If you are looking for a club with it's own waters then as has been said above Maidstone Victory & Kingfishers are good club to look into - both have a number of waters to suit all/most tastes.

Another club with it's own waters you might want to look into is TONBRIDGE & DISTRICT ANGLING, they are just outside the Medway area but still close and have some great waters like the other two as well as some river fishing.

Tonbridge & District

All of the above hold matches and have a good junior section.

To find any of the local clubs that don't have it's own waters (most of these only get together for matches about once a month) ask at your local tackle shop.

Andy M 44

Reaction score
HI Ben

Just started fishing myself and have found this club. Its called Thameside and runs the 2 lakes at Shorne country park and has 3 lakes at cobham. Their web address is below. Contact the Membership secretary for a form. They also have another big lake nr dartford and some river stretches. Membership runs from the 1st June

If you want to have some fun try horsham lakes nr Rainham day tickets are a fiver

http://twaps.co.uk/site/modules/liaise/

Andy

BASSETT

Reaction score
good fun at horsham but the size of the fish are crap, i heard that there's a 20LBer in there, what a load of tut'

the biggest i've seen is 4LB

great fun though if you're getting really down and keep blanking

Bassett!!

P

peter webber

Bassett

There is a in fact a 20lb'er in Horsham, a friend of mine has had that out himself and I have seen it come out to another angler while fishing there.

Yes most of the fish are about the 4lb mark but there is at lest one over 20lb in there as well

ben harris 4

Reaction score
cheers everyonefor the replys !

i will look into the clubs mentioned

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifben