Which pike swingers would suit my rod pod?

shields144

Reaction score
Hey
I recently changed my rod pod and got the Nash H-gun pod, i bought a set of fox pike swingers (as i was using the chain indicators and they were *****), i was told the fox pike swingers will go on the front and back of my pod, now i have them home they dont fit as the small metal bar knocks against the pod and doesn't allow it to rise up very far..

These are the ones i have
Fox Pike Swinger – Glasgow Angling Centre

The metal bent bar at the back of the swinger is the bar that is hitting of my pod and not allowing it to rise up.

Would i be better of with these swingers? They look as they would be fine?
Fox SWINGER MICRO – Glasgow Angling Centre

Thanks

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Not fully sure about how the Fox ones fit, but the clip is meant to fit on the upright of the pod or bankstick and the line clip fits just below the reel's spool. The bail arm is opened and the line is tensioned against the swinger. When you get a bit, it simply pulls the line out of the swinger which then falls out of the way.

FOX-pike-swingers-en-open-beugel1.jpg

Seems like you're fiiting it incorrectly. The second lot you link to are for carp fishing with standard alarms.

Last edited:

shields144

Reaction score
Hi jeff
The Upright bar of my pod is too thick for the clip to go onto so the only thing I could do is screw the alarm or the rear rod support through it, but that doesn't work either.
I don't think the fox pike swingers will work for me so I will have to find an alternative as the chain indicators were not heavy enough to keep my line tight.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
If you want to insert it between the top of a bank stick and rod rest there are small extenders available, just a short stubby bit that screws into the bank stick and then you screw the rod rest into that. I think Gardner used to make them, I have a couple because some of my bank sticks have a flared top that won't take my danglers... :eek: