Light weight scales

shelly

Reaction score
I’ve been looking for some lightweight scales and have come across the Reuben Heaton Flyweight Mk2 Scales, has anyone got these and if so would you recommend them or is there something better out there for a similar price.

I would be grateful for any info, thanks

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Ive got those too. My only complaint is that the zero tare wanders around a bit too much - have to zero with every use.

Keep meaning to look for some very precise digital scales that go up to about 3Ib or so - for those special roach and dace that i get all the time (if only). Some of the scales you get for kitchen use are incredibly accurate - down to the gram. Any idea if any are any good for taking out on the bank? - or do they need to be on a dead level surface etc.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
For the money those scales are fine for the money; keep them dry and they should serve you well. There are more reliable scales but they are heavier and cost more but unless you catch a potential record that shouldn't be a problem.

shelly

Reaction score
For the money those scales are fine for the money; keep them dry and they should serve you well. There are more reliable scales but they are heavier and cost more but unless you catch a potential record that shouldn't be a problem.

Mark, as a matter of interest what would you recommend for a better reliable set of scales, I accept they may be heavier but I would probably accept this for a better reliability factor as long as it doesn’t increase the weight too much.

Thanks guys for your views

terry m

Reaction score
|I use a set of Rapala light weight digital scales. They are very good, with easy tare settingilluminated display and even a memory to stores weights. They are about the size of a typical multimeter.

peterjg

Reaction score
I'm with Mark Wintle on this - Avon scales. Very occasionally you see on Ebay Avon scales which weigh in half ozs to a max of 8lbs - they are superb - if you can find them. Just right for roach, perch, etc.

B

Berty

I'm with Mark Wintle on this - Avon scales. Very occasionally you see on Ebay Avon scales which weigh in half ozs to a max of 8lbs - they are superb - if you can find them. Just right for roach, perch, etc.

No good for Spiders perch then? :)