pack baits

moody

Reaction score
Pack baits/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Has anyone else tried this hyped up technique yet ? I managed to get some authentic ingredients from the yanks, and put a british twist on it with great success!

F

Frothey

i know who you are now.... should've looked at the profile earlier /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

moody

Reaction score
hello mate just realised who u are aswell mate ,you were right this sites good fun!sold any aygos yet we ended up getting a clio in the end!did you manage to get out this weekend man? I went to tamar upper 48hrs it was a nightmare mate!

F

Frothey

we ended up getting a clio in the end

I know. I see everything, I hear everything /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Gonna try and get out tomorrow night, no doubt something will happen to stop me /forum/smilies/sarcastic_smiley.gif

moody

Reaction score
Hello froth mate ! just finished work ! where were you thinking about going yoda my master?/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Mr Big

Reaction score
OK guys. Let me be of help here. I'm a Southern Paylaker from North Carolina who has been Paylaking/using packbaits since I was 12 and I'm now 57 years old. My great grandfather was a paylaker. First mistake, don't confuse yourselves with some from the states that claim to be paylakers. If they are not from North Carolina than they are only dough ballers. If they are not from the foothills of NC than they are only wannabees. Here in the foothills of NC we have a tradition of carp angling that is most of 100 years old and those that have been raised here are the real Mc Coy. While there are thousands of us, there are only a few that frequent the webb or even talk about their baits. From what I have seen, what ya'll call packbaits are a poor concept of a good bait. I fished against Frank Warlick and Pete Castle and they didnt know what hit them. My team landed over 2,500lbs of carp over 10lbs in 50hrs and never wet a hook the last 8hrs of the event. This is what a true southern Packbait can do for you. No sales pitch, just plain simple facts. Ya'll need to do a little home work because I've been helping a few of ya'll Brits and they are well pleased. Packbait is the true ultimate bait.

Packbaits change with the season. There is no one bait that will work year round. Oh yes, they will catch while you read a good book, but if you want to haul then you must suffer yourself to a change of bait for the seasons. Paylakers from the footills of NC have learnedhow to keep the carp turned on year round. I just fished an event in TN. It was the TN $10,000.00 team shoot out. There were teams there from all accross Europe. My team mate is from England but resides in NC. We took first place and it was not luck. The worst we have ever done is 2nd place over the past three years.

Packbaits. GUS. Down South that means Get U Some.

PS I do have a sponsor. Resistance Tackle. Andy Phinn , a Brit, was quite taken when my 12 year old grandson not only cleaned his ploughs but beat all 18 Euro guys at an event in VA usa. He was smart enough to see first hand just what Pack bait can do to or for you.

Kind regards

Tom. (( Mr Big )).

Mr Big

Reaction score
Please let me say that I would be very happy to give a straight answere concerning Packbaits and their uses.

Tom.

Mr Big

Reaction score
I do have an issue with packbaits being called Hyped. Only non users would make that mistake.

Mr Big

Reaction score
Come on Lads. This is your chance. Lets not be shy. I'll not be upset with your response because none of ya'll have any knowledge of Packbaits.

Tom.

Skjelstad

Reaction score
Quite a monologue you got going here. Will there there be a point at the end of it?

Is it just me or does this smell of spam?

Mr Big

Reaction score
You can call it what you may. I call it looking a gift horse in the mouth. I could ask just what is your fear to ask simple questions about packbait. My only point is your continued dismissal of the power of pack bait.

Tom.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
What is a packbait /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif ?

Christian

Mr Big

Reaction score
I can tell you just what pack bait is.

Packbait is a bait that is not only the correct bait for the season but a bait that will break after 2 mins into a pile of bait that will call the carp but offer your hookbait in a way never before presented.

good question.

Tom.

Mr Big

Reaction score
Packbaits consist of many baits. Oats, Grits, Bread, rice, millet, soymeal. and any combination of the other. Knowing how to make the packbait is only a small part of the equasion. Knowing when to use them is the key.

Regards

Tom.

F

Frothey

basically a cross between fishing a stick mix and "the method"

bait is the last thing to worry about, especially with fish that just arent pressured like european fish. what about when guys fishing boilies and maizeoutcaught everyone around them on the st lawrence? and iirc the new york competitions. people either side of them hardly had a sniff on the same baits, but then i guess i'm not party to the secret ingredients that make the bait work so well.....

any sponsored anglers on "proper" low stock waters over here? but then again, any decent angler will catch with pretty much any bait.....

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
So Mr Big! Waht is the best pack bait for spring/ summer here in England? Ive used the Grits and Syrup 3 times now, and blanked on that rod which i used it on.

Mr Big

Reaction score
Ian.

I have done this in the past but it sure did cost me. lol.

Richard.

While I do use syrup in some packbaits I never useit with Grits. Grits Packbait is a combination of two kinds of grits and must be of the correct label. Sorry you waised your money on something that doesnt work. These mixes that don't work have come from people that don't have a clue as to what they are doing. Packbaits are water temp proven and to use them when the water is the wrong temp with catch but will not haul.

Let me say that I did not start this thread on packbaits and have been watching this site for most of a year now but have had nothing to offer on these threads. This thread being on Packbaits I only thought I might help a bit since this is what I do.

regards

Tom.