Jessops still not leaning about customer care?

The Monk

Reaction score
Good old Jessops, not done business with them for a few years because of poor customer service and bad pricing, since then they have closed a large number of branches down, I phoned them this morning as a one off to order a small Nikon part costing ?6.00 and they told me I would have to pay for it first before they would order it, i`ve spent thousands of pounds with these turkeys over the years and was going to give them a second chance but the pillocks have blown it again.

The Monk

Reaction score
these people seem a lot better

Wilkinsons
42 Northgate
Blackburn
Lancashire BB2 1JL
Tel: 01254 581272

Wilkinsons
95 St. James's Street
Burnley
Lancashire BB11 1PY
Tel: 01282 424524

Wilkinsons
61 The Rock
Bury
Greater Manchester BL9 0NB
Tel: 0161 764 3402

Wilkinsons
13 Grapes Lane
Carlisle
Cumbria CA3 8NQ
Tel: 01228 538583

Wilkinsons
19A Westmorelands Shopping Centre Stickland Gate
Kendal
Cumbria LA9 4AB
Tel: 01539 735055

Wilkinsons
6 James Street
Marketgate
Lancaster
Lancashire LA1 1UP
Tel: 01524 380510

Wilkinsons
27 Friargate Walk
St George's Centre
Preston
Lancashire PR1 2NQ
Tel: 01772 556250

<!--//-->
_clear.gif

_clear.gif

_clear.gif

<!--//-->
_clear.gif

_clear.gif

_clear.gif

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I used to work for Jessops but left as soon as another opportunity raised itself.

I can't defend them, they became too much like dixons for my liking, obsessed with selling extended warranties rather than proffesional independant advice and knowlege.

The paying up-front thing is only when they order a part direct from the manufacturer, i.e. not something they keep as standard stock in the wharehouse. I presume they got stuck with stuff that people never collected/paid forso now they get payment before ordering.

The Monk

Reaction score
thanks Paul, yes I can understand that but I`ve spent somewhere in the region of 100K with them over the years I all I wanted to order was a £10 monitor cover by phone, it will now have cost them much more than £10/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Paul H

Reaction score
I gave up with them (shopping rather than working) when it became clear that every time I went in for advice or to look at something I always knew more already from my experience and looking on the internet than any of their staff did.

Not a good situation when you have to correct the sales assisstant about features/functions and the like.

The Monk

Reaction score
yes, not good, it always amazes me when sales people try selling things they know nothing about

G

Ged

My last few visits to Jessops have been very good. It is all down to which sales person you get.
I have also recently order of their web site, a filter holder and adapter, the holder arrived no problem but the adapter is on order, they have only charged me for the holder. So no arguments there.
Must admit, at some smaller branches, and with student type sales assistants, things have been less than satisfactury.

Nick, try ukdigital, (www.ukdigital.co.uk) based in Chlitheroe, (Castle Street) you may have to phone them for specific items, ie, LCD protector cover. recently got a Flash for Nikon D 80. They even phoned me as the one I order was not available for a week but offered me another of the same standard. Arrived the day after they phoned.

Paul H

Reaction score
What's the saying, a companies reputation is only as good as the last emplyee you spoke to?

Very true.

I often wonder how some people managed to get their jobs as they demonstrate how completely useless they are and then follow that up with complete ineptitude and then finish off by wasting oxygen that someone with a brain could be breathing instead.

Actually not just how they got the job but why haven't they been bl**dy sacked yet for being repeatedly cr*p.

I'm a great believer in reporting sh*t service, if it's a one off they shouldn't get in trouble but if they're a repeat offender hopefully they'll get their ar*e kicked.

The Monk

Reaction score
"finish off by wasting oxygen that someone with a brain could be breathing instead."

haha I like that, I`l l have to remember that one

cheers Ged I`m sorted now mate, you dont want to treat your daughter to an F5 do you Ged?

G

Ged

No thanks to the F5 Nick.
You wouldn't have reflectors, brollies etc going for studio type work would you?
I know you're desperate for the money for a Nikon D 300. Also after some studio lights.

Wilkinson Cameras tend to have more mature shop assistants who at least are polite.

Is Jessops part of the Dixons group? I know they're not but they now follow their pattern of sales and interior set up. Employing young uns that know nowt and have no manners.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Recently I have been buying from Warehouse Express. They don't seem a bad mob, although some people have been slating them of late.

Personally it all depends on which salesperson you get when you phone them.

And as I type - the order has just arrived by Citylink./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
I`m not so sure I agree Ron, some of these companies have bad policies, Jessops often quoted me its company policy when I`ve tried to barter with them, this was one iof the last times I dealt with them. I slapped ?3K on the counter, pick it up and walked out of the shop with it because they said they couldnt knock a few hundred quid off some gear I wanted.greedy bast**rds

Cheers Ged

yes I use reflectors and side lighting, backdrops etc but still do a few baby shots etc on occasion, the fold up gear is good providing you can fgold it back again, got a lovely phjotgraphers vest here, your daughter would look really great in it mate, only ?70 can you believe that and its a Lowe pro too, I don`t know how I do it, I really don`t!

G

Ged

The vest sounds great Nick, but it would be me that will wearing it as I have to the her assistant.
Damed hard work when she wants me to pose as the model and hold reflectors and put the set up etc.

Pet octopus comes to mind.

The Monk

Reaction score
haha, arnt kids great Ged, we have one at home at the moment and hes into everything, you had tokeep everything out of his way,

hes 32/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

G

Ged

What's the spec on the vest Nick?
Could do with something for all the gear. 4 tripods, monopod, 4 digi compact cameras, two SLRs, 1 nikon D80, lenses, flashes, cables, filter and holders, B&W film, Colour film, memory cards, card readers, batteries : alkaline, lithium and rechargeables. Portable reflector, instruction manuals, remote cable release, remote control and other things that I cannot remember.

Wanted a donkey but no room in the garden shed to put it, so far , having to use the wife as well as me.

The Monk

Reaction score
yes the vest would be perfect Ged, Ill let you have the details when I get home/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Paul C

Reaction score
A few years back I went to buy a camera from Jessops and quoted a rival shop that was doing it for less. The guy that served me basically said I was talking crap!

I walked out and bought it from the rival shop. When I got home I was reading the Jessops catalogue and there was this big feature in it from their Cheif Exec talking about how proud he was of thier customer care and how he wanted them to be the best in the market for listening to customers.... etc.

I was so ticked off reading it that I wrote to him and told him what had happended to me. I got a personal letter saying how gutted he was about what had happened and a fullapologyand £50 of vouchers. It kept me in film for a good while..........

So, write and tell him monk.......