Hayes has Blood Pressure Checked

Geoff D

Reaction score
I could hardly pick him out in the photo with that amazing camo gear on!

Welldone nonetheless for supporting a good cause.

The Monk

Reaction score
I suppose I should get mine done, not had a check up for years really

G

Ged

Do my blood pressure regularly. It helps being in the business. Also have my own electronic spigometer. You can buy them Boots from ?30' ish.

Reaction score
Ged,

A man's spigos are his own private kingdom!!

Mine will remain robust, un-molested and un-metered until I'm old and grey and terminally regretting my oversight!!...

(Have no idea what a spigometer does mate, in case you didn't work it out? Sounds important for a young 38 year old whippersnapper like myself. Wild guess... does it measure how finicky the barbel are behaving?)

Honest, there was a serious question in there somewhere... what does the blood-pressure business entail exactly? From your pic it looks hard and unhealthy work! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

G

Ged

Hi ****y.
Did I spell it wrong?
Sphigometer, Measures blood pressure. haved used them in my work.
No, they won't help you catch any fish. Will help let you know when you need to go fishing to go and destress.

Got to admit, my piccy looks as though I'm lobstered from the sun and have decayng skin at the same time.

T

The Welsh Windbag

sphygnamometer perhaps ?

I get up to a good 170 just trying to park the car on market day......

S

STEVE POPE

Hi All,

Have recently been laid up in hospital with BP related issues, prevented me getting home for the Go Fishing show.

Didn't realise I had problems and now have to adjust accordingly.

Bottom line, get it checked especially if you're over fifty.

Like all baby boomers we all think we are invincible until you get a reality check.

Good to see Matt doing his bit.

Steve.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I must have had my BP taken at least 50 times over the past two months.

Worst was 165/80

Average about 145/65

I

Ian Cloke

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I must have had my BP taken at least 50 times over the past two months.

Worst was 165/80

Average about 145/65</blockquote>
I wish mine was as good as yours Ron, your worst would be unbelievably good for me!!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I really ought to have mine checked, typically after watching Matt Hayes waving a fly rod about in the air.

[insert smiley thing - - - - > HERE ]

Evan notes:

"I get up to a good 170 just trying to park the car on market day...... "

See, old Willie Shakespeare got it right didn't he when he said:

'Parking is such street sorrow'

S

STEVE POPE

Hi Nick,

I'm on the recovery road at the moment but it really does come as a shock when you get hit with something out of the blue.

For sure I'll be keeping a far more careful watch on the BP than I was before.

All the best,

Steve.

The Monk

Reaction score
good luck Steve, sounds nasty mate, the only time I`ve ever been in hospital was when one of the nurses sneaked me in one night after a party/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

My wife had a heart attack on the weekend I was away at the CSG AGM

Because of the medication she is on for other, non related problems, she has her bloods/pressure checked every few weeks and those showed nothing to be concerned about.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
I have heart problems,(I was given a maximum of 2years to live........ 11 years ago)but my blood pressure and cholesterol levels are absolutely fine.

The Monk

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>John H ... The oh so Wearyone wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

My wife had a heart attack on the weekend I was away at the CSG AGM

Because of the medication she is on for other, non related problems, she has her bloods/pressure checked every few weeks and those showed nothing to be concerned about.</blockquote>
hope shes alright now mate, but just in case you`d better get a back up on the ready john, ironing shirts and cookingis no business for a busy angler

The Monk

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Merv Harrison wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I have heart problems,(I was given a maximum of 2years to live........ 11 years ago)but my blood pressure and cholesterol levels are absolutely fine.</blockquote>
Just hang on in there another few days Merv, give the cheque time to clear mate/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

S

STEVE POPE

Cheers ****y,

Looking forward to catching up with you on the Lower Severn this season, hoping to spend a fair amount of time around the Worcester area this summer and autumn.

Just been down to the Medical Centre to pick up my prescription which is to help reduce the BP, am teaming this up with lots of walking and a strict diet as well.

As I hinted earlier its the realisation that you may have a health problem that hits hard, like Monk I hadn't been in a hospital for nigh on forty years and that can build this false sense of security.

We've all lost good mates, family as well so highlighting something which is a silent killer can only be good, there are one or two I'm going to get on to to get checked out when I get back thats for sure.

All the best,

Steve.