small 1/2 acre pool full of wild carp! what do you recomend for catching them

NEIL MANSELL

Reaction score
hi ive been a member ofa pool for 1year now and have caught only 3 fish the biggest being 17lb 12oz. the pool is full of wild carp no fish are actually stock fish. i belive there are 20lb'ers in there and am wonderin if anybody could recomend some good tips which i could try to use to get the biger ones.

R

Roto Fryer

watch the fish see where they are eating and try and get them eating the bait you want to use.

if you accept messages i would say a little more!

R

Roto Fryer

aha you did get a message i was not sure as it said something about forum updates and as i'm getting old i became confused.

NEIL MANSELL

Reaction score
i know

they can grow up to 20lb but not very often

i think it that big because the pool is filled with blood worm and there are often people going down with 10kg of groundbait for a 6 hour sesion

i have gone down thje next day and caught roach covered in groundbait

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

How do you know they are wildies?

What do you class as a wildie?

Mr Big

Reaction score
The important thing to note is the water temp. all else matters not unless you know the correct bait to choose. Packbait that is.

Tom.

Mr Big

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not the type that takes a good book along while Carp angling. I'm just a bit more intense when it comes to my catching. Keep fishing naturals, whatever they are. Packbaits are 100% natural and a person could even eat then should they need. What a waist though. sorry you've never been experienced.

Regards

Tom.

C

Cakey

nothing wrong with my waist.....................its nearly 6" smaller than two years ago

F

Frothey

If you dont know what fishing naturals is, how do you know packbaits are better?

BTW, whats the best bait if the water is 17.37deg Celcius?

Mr Big

Reaction score
Guys. Let me try and start anew here. I'm not nocking anyones baits. I have been fishing with two stateside Brits for three years now. They also asked all the usual questions and had all the usual skepticism of packbaits. I am a Paylaker. Our Carp ponds are the most pressured ponds in the world. We fish over one hundred anglers at a time with no more than 12 feet between us. We have been doing this for most of 100 years. My great grandfather was a paylaker and taught me starting at the young age of 12. I am now 57 and have enjoyed passing along what I know to my sons and to my grandsons. I only started fishing for wild water carp when I started fishing with my two Brit friends three years ago. One thing that can not be denied is that what the carp like in the paylakes they love in wild water. Both my Brit friends have wone many events in the past years here in the states and they both use packbaits. Because they work better than anything else they ever used consistantly. I never came to this site (( been here about a year now )), to start any problems but just to try and share what has been proven to be the best bait, in any water, at any given time. Ya'll do a great job Carp angling and hats off to you but your baits and methods catch zero in the paylakes and do quite the same when a good packbait is fished in the same swim.

I'm just a poor Souther Boy and wouldnt have a clue what 17.37 deg Celcius might be.

Good luck to ya'll.

Tom.

Mr Big

Reaction score
Warren.

Two weeks ago my Brit partner and myself fished the TN $10,000.00 team shootout and took first place. All other teams with two one exception were Euro guys.

F

Frothey

your "paylakes" are nothing like the waters we fish, even our highest stocked lakes are nothing like them- you've also got to realise theres nothing new to the method, or the ingredients. nothing wrong with either, but theres no such thing as a "wonderbait"

maybe you should sponsor some guys over here that fish "real" waters (not overstocked commercials) and see how they get on - though like i said, the biggest challenge is being in the right spot at the right time and carp being basically pigs with fins will eat anything.....

63deg farenheit /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

F

Frothey

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Mr Big wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Warren.

Two weeks ago my Brit partner and myself fished the TN $10,000.00 team shootout and took first place. All other teams with two one exception were Euro guys.</blockquote>
if you had come third, would it be the fault of the bait?