Float Paternoster Rigs

Chris Campbell

Reaction score
What's the best presentation for a float paternoster rig seen fixed rigs and running rigs? What are the advantages and disadvantages of both and when are they best applied?

Chris Campbell

Reaction score
Well been looking at variations of this rig I have only ever fished a sunken float paternoster fixed and it's very effective. Was looking at the dyson rig looks great for the likes of perch it's a running sunken float paternoster rig and I can't see any way of getting a more free running rig with a float paternoster set up. [http://www.anglersmail.co.uk/uncategorized/best-rig-for-eel-fishing/ this is the dyson rig would work for pike you would need a trace and an up trace seen some people say it's not pike safe struggling to work out where people are coming to that conclusion it's as safe as any rig in my opinion the only thing is it looks like it could tangle easily. If you were using a free running surface float paternoster think it would only be worth while in weed as you will still get the resistance from the float. With a fixed lead surface float paternoster you would have the resistance of the lead as well as the float but don't think it would be that much more than the free running rig.

Last edited: