Petition to overhaul the rod licence system

F

Fred Bonney

Well I've read it, and it doesn't mean a thing!!!

Overhaul it to what?

To increase the price?

or

Run it from January to December?

or

etc etc etc etc etc.......................................etc!!!!

J

John McLaren

Sorry Aaron, I have to agree with Fred, what is it you are wanting to do?

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Aeron: Is the partition just for carp anglers (only) to have three rods rather than two rods to fish on there licence ?

If so why only the carp anglers ? And don,t you think that two rods are enough for anyone? to go out and fish with.

Reaction score
I think what he means is for the E A to issue three different licences at three different prices, i.e. a new 1 rod licence = say at £12.50, the normal 2 rod licence = £25.00 (as it is currently), and a new 3 rod licence = say £37.50.

Other than this I cannot see what else he could possibly mean!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Aaron,

I am sorry, but having read the petition it is not a proposal that I would support.

I am happy to buy 2 licenses a year and let's face it, a second license costs less than 10 kilos of boilies.

I am also a little concerned when I see names on the list of supporters like: Mr. Crabtree and J.R. Hartley.

Finally, I would also question "millions of anglers" and "millions of carp anglers" too as the number of licenses sold each year hardly supports that line of argument.

I

Ian Cloke

Very poorly put together petition, plus it could do with a spell check, as the first major error I saw was "co<u>u</u>rse fishing licence", which put me off of reading the rest. I'm not normally a pedantic spelling/grammar nit picker(as I make as many, if not more,spelling,gramatical mistakes than average), however if something is supposedly going to be presented to the PM, I believe it should be correct?

N

Nathan Ball

I agree - it seems a bit like a half thought out plan that someone's thought of while in the pub. I personally don't mind the current system.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

It makes no difference at all as to what it says or how it is spelt.These petitions are meant as a sop to a gullible nation to make us belieive the government listens to its electorate. I will never support anysuch petititon, however well drafted, on that basis.

Iain Riley

Reaction score
I'm a carp angler and unless your spending the money to fish an exspensive water or your off on holliday to france why can't two rods be enough i have more than enough probblems with two sorry it will never work

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
I usually need to buy 2 licences - 1 salmon and 1 coarse , so I can salmon fish with one rod or fish up to 4 rods where permitted on coarse fisheries .