Legal Question......Help.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I don't know if anyone can help us or not, but I hope so.

On Christmas day a big fight kicked off in our cul-de-sac, it spilled out into the street and ended up slightly damaging Wendi's car (the missus). Loads of police turned up and Wendi gave a statement to them.

She has now had a letter saying that she will be required to go to court as a witness to an assault on a police man that day. But, she did not see the assault, she only saw the fight between the lads, no police were there at the time.

The problem is the familyare SCUM! Wendi was told that if the lad is found guilty he is going down for it because he has previous.

Wendi is starting to get really worried about the repocussions if she appears at court, they only live four doors away and she doesn't want our 11 year old son being hurt in the street or bricks through the windows or her car being trashed.

She told the police this recently and they said they can make her give evidence in court because she gave a statement.

Is this true?

Does she have to go to court?

Thanks in advance guys, I hope someone can help us.

Steve.

E

EC

The legal eagles here will put you right Steve am sure, maybe thro PM lads?

A lad who I know had to go thro a similar thing, court etc,a slighthint of intimidation and the coppers were down on 'the baddies' like a ton of bricks so try not to worry!

swanny999

Reaction score
The CPS can issue a witness summons in the first instance. If the witness then fails to attend the court can issue a arrest warrant. This will depend on whether the CPS decide that her evidence is important enough.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Thanks Swanny,

I'm hoping that because she didn't see the assault they aren't going to do that?

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Steve.

I get these threats a lot mate. Do not be intimidated by them. Show any sign of weakness to these types, and they will do it all the more. You don't have to be tough. Just stand your ground with them. It is they who are in the wrong, and they know it.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

The same goes for you Steve when you walk past their house.

T

Tony Rocca

Plod can make her give evidence Steve. The fact that there was violence going on before they arrived will add weight to their charge against the attack on thecopper I would think.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

No Steve. The only reason you might get a good kicking is if you back down to them. That is when the wolf in them comes into play.

I'm not saying fight them. I am saying Don't be afraid of walking on the same side of the street as them. And don't move aside for them either.

alan

Reaction score
Steve, as a witness she comes under the witness protection scheme.

any hassle from them what so ever, phone the police. they will respond(tell them their intimidating a witness) and they will go down for it. i was in a similar situation a few years ago and found out what was what etc.

even them parking a car in front of your house can be classed as intimidation and some one in portsmouth was locked up for it.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Wow!

Cheers guys, thanks for the e-mails and phone calls.

I think it best if Wendi rings the police and has another chat with them, just to find out the severity of the situation and to tell them her concerns.

Thanks again.

Steve.

The Monk

Reaction score
a mate of mine had a similar problem, he whitnessed something going on and the scroats a few doors away knew he had seen something and threatend him, he was however a bit of a bad lad himself and dealt with it through a third party who convinced the neighbours with the assistance of a bottle of lighter fuel and a match, that if would be a good idea for them to move, they did/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, obviously i`m not suggesting something like this, but it may be helpful to get together with other neighbours if this family is creating problems, aree you on a private estate or a local authority one?

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All together now:

Shall we gather at the River, the Beautiful the Beautiful River.

Come on Steve sing along./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Better still if she goes down to the station Steve. Talking on the phone isn't much use mate. You could go with her.

W

Wolfman Woody

I thought you might like to see how I put the capping on my new fence last year. Some people find it difficult, but all I did was run another piece of wood across the top back of the fence and screwed it in several places to the thickest part of the feather boards. After that it was just a matter of nailing the capping strip to the top. See picture./members/images/6812/Gallery/capping_the_fence_2.JPG

NOTE - how the screw holds the plank in place. It's so nice to see a clean job well done.