If I can just learn to use this this thing!

web

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new here (past my sell by date every where ese though).
not been fishing for quite a few years, and need to catch up as there are so
many changes and new ideas. Been after carp mainly this summer and very happy with the results, six doubles up to 18lbs on various day ticket lakes,better than I hoped for. First blank last wed on a different lake though. Not a bad day,about 12 degrees,cloudy.light wind,lovely spot,just no fish. Saw plenty,all day, traveling just below the surface, not feeding,looking as if they were going somewhere important! but in different directions. One of those days? (had plenty before) or any ideas anyone.

web

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. I know i will get plenty of blank days,should be part of the earning process, but I am trying to work out what i have learnt ! I mainy fished a ledger near an island and a float in the rushes, Tried bread,worms, spam,and musses (which have incidently been really deadly on other venues). Just trying to figure out why the fish seemed so active everwhere al day but not nterested in feeding,from me anyway.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I fished a match at a prolific venue in the midlands yesterday web and the sport was very patchy indeed.

We had 30 weights ranging from 46 pounds to less than one pound; and these were all very experienced anglers taking part in a memorial match.

The cold morning played a large part I think as the sport certainly picked-up a fair bit after bout 12 noon.