Monument owner bans maggots

I

Ian Cloke

Tried to find out more, on his "new" site, but it's still under construction...

http://www.rhfisheries.com/

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
The carp in Sandhurst lake yatley hav all dropped weight due to the majority of anglers only using maggots on the venue , according to the head bailif.

T

The Welsh Windbag

It would appear that Mr. Hales is a dictatorial self serving twerp.

F

Frothey

"Carp attain far higher weights in France existing on a diet of boilies and pellets, and 80lb carp are not uncommon on the other side of the channel," said Rob.

they were getting big long before boilies were being fed, most of the fish farmers over there use maize! nothing to do with the crayfish then....

on the other side of the coin, boilies are cheaper, more convinient, more practical and easier to use.

R

Roto Fryer

seems like the guy did no research whatsoever before this!!Chemical Composition of maggots

Dry Matter 24,7%
Crude protein 47,5-50,1%
Lipid 19,3%
Cellulose 23,2%
Minerals 9,1%
Ca 1,5%
P 1,2%
Mg 0,3%
K 1,3%
Na 4528 ppm
Mn 196,5 ppm
Fe 425,7 ppm
Cu 19,7 ppm
Zn 235,8 ppm

seems much healthier that many boilies

maggotmeal 30% added to a reference carp diet gave a digestibility rating of 87%

pretty unhealthy? so unhealthy that maggots are being used as fishfeed, poultry feed and as an alternative means of making fertilizer. all this is happening in that 3rd world and underdeveloped country called Japan /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

R

Roto Fryer

1 . Components Fish Meal Magmeal

Dry Matter 91.0 96.4

Crude Protein 70.7 37.5

Crude Fat 7.8 19.8

Ash 18.3 23.1

NFE 2 3.21 19.6

Gross energy 20.6 20.3

Amino Acids

Aspartic acid 3.74 1.69

Glutamic acid 2.69 2.53

Serine 1.92 1.47

Histidine* 1.76 1.90

Glycine 0.94 0.35

Threonine* 2.53 2.83

Arginine* 3.34 1.74

Alanine 3.60 1.64

Tyrosine 0.71 0.95

Tryptophan* 1.91 0.58

Methionine* 1.29 1.66

Valine* 0.95 0.50

Phenylalanine* 2.90 3.83

Isoleucine* 0.99 0.63

Leucine* 2.74 2.11

Lysine* 3.96 1.66

R

Roto Fryer

* denotes essential amino acids

note

magmeal costs 20% of the cost of fishmeal to produce

can completely replace fishmeal in some cases

yeah yeah mr hales lets ban Maggots

perhaps the new boilie is made from magmeal

also see silkworm meal for an alternative

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Can anyone remember the piece a good few months ago were it was made out his venture was for the good of angling and not his pocket.I can't remember were I read it .Evan I used very similar words ,well almost .

R

Roto Fryer

look at the first post its a link to the article in the Birmingham Mail

I

Ian Cloke

But would boilies containing magmeal be banned also Roto? If a bait is banned then I would presume that you are NOT allowed to use it in any form?

F

Frothey

The carp in Sandhurst lake yateley have all dropped weight due to the majority of anglers only using maggots on the venue , according to the head bailif.

surely thats more because they are feeding a couple of pints of maggots, rather than a couple of kilo's of bait?wintons banned them years ago because people went silly with the amount going in - gallons at a time per angler - and they reportedly had problems with ammonia build up

R

Roto Fryer

probably needed to get air into the water.

algae can also cause problems; If enough algae die and the oxygen in the water is consumed faster than the atmosphere can recharge it, hydrogen sulfide, which smells like rotten eggs and is very toxic to fish, builds up in the bottom water. Unionized ammonia can also build up to concentrations toxic to fish and other aquatic organisms.

blame it all on the humble maggot

R

Roto Fryer

Ian magmeal is not commercially available as yet (not that i can find anyway), however, silkworm meal is and is used in some commercial carp food.

we have all probably used blended maggots at sometime or another.

some of these people are so stupid that they say a boilie is ok whatever it contains yet high oil content pellets are not yet there is no evidence whatsoever that high oil content pellets are bad for carp.

steveo

Reaction score
Hi Roto,how's Thailand??

Yet again your wealth of knowledge is astounding...I never knew a Maggot had so much in its tiny sqishy body...

Call me synical or call me Sue but I rekon somthing to do with Gott ban at Monument may be because he doesnt sell them there....

cheers

R

Roto Fryer

my google searching is astounding stevo/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Thailand is very hot at the moment 36ish every day but generally things are good.