A Memorable Meal

W

Wolfman Woody

I admire anyone that can draw damned good cartoons, but your writing and telling of yarns is great too. Well done Cliff.

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

Brilliant article, its just one of those days up here in the Dales, rivers bank high and I'm sitting in a nice warm office eating my beef butties and thinking where am I going fishing this weekend.

F

Fred Bonney

Ah Cliff, the memories, thanks.

Capstan full strength was one of them,how on earth could people smoke those things.

Many years ago, I bought myself a packet because that was all they had in the cafe.

I didn't finish even one, but passed them on to The Cadger with some glee.

N

NomadPaul

Great read Cliff , many thanks......mind you ,it took me a couple of mins to work out the cartoon /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
It was a lovely descriptive article Cliff, your images paint a picture, but so does your writing....I applaud your talent, and keep looking over my shoulder to make sure those greasers are behaving themselves! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif.

Nice one.

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Well written and very descriptive article Cliff, puts my rubbish into perspective...!

And mention of Capstan brings back memories of my 40 a day habit. Never loyal to one brand, I tried:-

Churchmans, Piccadilly, Guards, Cadets, Passing Clouds, Decca (the self lighting ones, I seem to remember) Consulate, No.6's, No 10's, Weights, Woodbines, Sobranie Black Russian, Sobranie Cocktail, Sobranie Balkan, Pall Mall, Gauloise,Disque Bleu, Gitanes, Marlboro, JPS, Bensons, Rothmans, Albany, Embassy, Gold Leaf, Three Castles and many many more I've long since forgotten...........

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Senior Service ,Park Drive ,Domino

W

Wolfman Woody

All those Kevin except No 10's and Cadets, I am NOT cheap!

And also Benson & Hedges untipped came in tins, very poshe. B&H Sterling as well for the coupons. Used to get some American brands too, Camel, Lucky Strike, but Chesterfield King Size were the fave Yank fag.

Sampled all sorts of Turkish stuff as well, reason being the shop across from our offices sold tobaccos wholesale, Fred's we called although Fat George was the owner. I still have a leather covered gilt cigarette case they gave me when they were closing down, a leaving present they said for all the custom I'd given them.

Smashing piece Cliff. Lovely cartoon too.

Keith M

Reaction score
Dunhill, and RN Blue Liners that fizzed as they burnt.

Great story, really enjoyed it./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif