rod licences

J

Jim Crosskey 2

Same old story - paid for my licence by dd about two months ago. Do I have a licence? Course I don't, it obviously takes more than two months to get these things sorted!!

Any body else in the same boat, or has mine been lost in the post?

J

John McLaren

Same as you Jim - no sign though the money went out a month ago - however they did send out a DD reminder which I will carry with me if it doesn't arrive by the next time I'm out fishing.

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

Ha HaJust been up to my loacl Post Office and I'm looking at my NEW LICENCE right now.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Just like John has done, I'll be calling in at my local post office in the next village to get mine this weekend.

Other than the obvious advantage of getting it in your hand there and then, it also helps support rural Post Offices that are being faced with closures.

Remember, if you don't use them then we are likely to loose them.

F

Fred Bonney

Paid online for my licence 17th March,arrived 22nd March!

T

trev matthews (100M bronze)

well in 23 years of fishing ive never been asked for one, so this year im going to save money and not get one.

perhaps if I was asked for it everytime i purchased a day ticket or joined a club then it might be worth getting one.

Thousands of anglers use three rods and only have one licence which covers them for two, hundreds of anglers dont get one at all,so why should I ?

moody

Reaction score
because youll get f**cked in the ass if you bump into the wrong ballif mate! hope your a rich man ! and seeing as youve just posted your name all over the net im guessing not a very wise one,no offence intended atall mate its up to you /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Moody: Trev Is giving his opinion. <blockquote class=quoteheader>trev matthews (100M bronze) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Thousands of anglers use three rods and only have one licence which covers them for two, hundreds of anglers dont get one at all,so why should I ?</blockquote>

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Fred: There should be a lot more. <blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote>That gets f***** for doing it!

T

LOL Moody if i do get F*******d in the ass by a bailiff that would make a pleasant change.

As for the being rich bit, I would probably get off with a caution or a slap on the wrists as a first offence. The big fines we see anglers getting in the press are very few and far between and they are dished out to known repeat offenders.

As for my name being splashed all over the net I very much doubt that the bailiffs would be out in droves actively looking for me, like i said in 23 years ive never been asked.

As for me not being wise, your probably right, but if it gets the day ticket water owners checking every angler and the clubs checking every new member when they join and every angler prior to booking in for a match then loads more anglers will be forced to actually buy a licence before they fish.

Just think how angling in general would benefit from all those thousands of extra pounds.

oh yeah, no offence taken at all. Im just trying to debate the variables on an open forum thats all.

Reaction score
Trev it is like the lotto , you buy a ticket for years then don`t bother , sods law your numbers come up .

A couple of years ago there was a purge down here by the EA , about 40 blokes got nicked anda few got the max fine , £2500 and two got nicked twice in a week .

Is paying the licence fee of what , £25 for two rods really worth all the trouble of looking over your shoulder every time that you fish ?

F

Fred Bonney

I believe that licence dodgers are no different to shoplifters. Thieves the lot of them

"The Environment Agency generated almost £610,000 in fines as a result of catching 4300 people fishing without rod licences, during 2007.

An additional 35 anglers received cautions, whilst two men from Hastings and Staines were banned from fishing for a year, and two and a half years, respectively."

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I wouldn't risk it Trev, but I totally agree with the rest of your comments.

We've got a club down here that has some lakes, you have to have the full club ticket and then buy a day ticket (total rip-off!) but they wont sell you a day ticket without seeing your full club card..............so what's the difference with the rod licence?

NONE!

No rod licence, no club card....................easy!

moody

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

ha ha ha! i wonder just how well the cash they get is spent and distributed?i also reckon that licenses should not be neeeded on commercial venues ,beause i dont think that EA really care about the fish at these venues atall!seeing as most of the carp i see at them are facialy minced up or battered in some way!!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Commercials are the only place you are likely to get asked to produce your licence Moody.

Smash and grab by the bailiffs and they know it! How many anglers are they likely to see on the rivers?

G

Ged

Those that pay by DD still have 4 days left in which to receive their license. I know I have and as yet I'm not worried.
I have been asked for my license only on a handful of occasions. twice by a EA bailiff, on other occasions by the person issuing day tickets. Mainly on waterboard fisheries.

T

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Les Clark ( not too proud to nick a good idea from anybody ) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

A couple of years ago there was a purge down here by the EA , about 40 blokes got nicked anda few got the max fine , £2500 and two got nicked twice in a week .</blockquote>
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Fred Bonney (ACA - BS) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

"The Environment Agency generated almost £610,000 in fines as a result of catching 4300 people fishing without rod licences, during 2007.

An additional 35 anglers received cautions, whilst two men from Hastings and Staines were banned from fishing for a year, and two and a half years, respectively."</blockquote>

Thats all very well guys but its not enough of a deterrant is it ? 4300 people is about the size of a small village each person paying just over £140 each whooppee!!

Yes I agree it is a lottery but how often do we all win on the lottery and how much do we spend on that on average?

To be branded a thief first you need to get caught and then go through the judicial system, that costs money that the EA havent got.

Surely if allfishery owners and club officials checked (maybe even tackle shops too) they would force all the "thieves" into getting a licenceand more money would get channelled back into angling in the future.

But until then I guess I will be looking over my shoulder.....

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Same bailiff checked me twice last season; same spot too! Even autographs the licence, got my new one yesterday. I think I've been checked a dozen times in the last 25 years.