baiting

V

vince battams

Have found a stretch of my local river where the carp seem to be at the moment, having seen both single and double figure fish feeding.
looking to catch one or some of these beauties, is there a preferred baiting method i could follow at this time of year what baits for baiting up and what hookbait.
i do not think this stretch gets fished for the carp as it is choked with weed and surface weed most of the year, any tips here would be grateful as at moment it is relatively weed free.

C

Carp Angler

As you only have a few days of the season left, then I would probably go with visual fishing and either maggot or worm on the hook over a bed of trout pellet.
If you're looking to prebait in readiness for the start of the new season then it would be maize as my first choice.

V

vince battams

thanks 4 that carp angler, from the pic as one of your mates caught a good un and you've gone green with envy?

V

vince battams

on a serious note prebait with maize, when during the close season should i start prebaiting and how often, and when the season starts what bait would be best to fish over it or is that a stupid question?

C

Carp Angler

Prebaiting can be as long and as concentrated as you wish.
You need to put enough bait in the correct spots to keep the amount of fish visiting the area interested.

2 handfuls 3 times a week may be enough in some cases, where as in others you may need 2 or 3 kilos every day.

C

Carp Angler

oh Cakey........

Roll on April.
Do you need much sleep?

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
You can't honestly think we are gonna let you get away with this do you cakey. Howz your ticker? I hope the batteries in your buzzers can be jiggled together for a make-piece pace maker, you are so going to eed them.

Of all the two people to play a prank on.... you are young master jedi, but you will learn.
Here's to April....