new reels?

Reaction score
guys,,

im in the market for a new set of reels at the mo ive got diawa 5500 za emblems, but as ive just joined a new lake and its only 4 achers i really dont need the long chuck reels,

not sure if id go for a baitrunner and id like a single handle reel with a decent cluch, any idears guys.

many thaks

dadondo

Reaction score
hi solar i use the fox stratos fs 10000 it has the benefit of reasonably small size but large line capasity if needed ,the clutch is exellent far better than the shimanos i`ve had before and great line lay.

moody

Reaction score
I reckon il be getting a pair of shimano ultegra xtb 5500 's their new baby pit reels ,check them out onlinr at shimano carp expert they seem to give a great balance of castability line pick up and volume along with a front mounted baitrunner system only problem is there 200 quid each! I want a pair!!!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

R

Robert Woods

I think you will find they are £100 each not £200.../forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.

S

Steve Clements

Depends on your wallet!

I've still got some old triton sea spins,ok,line lay doesn't compare to todays expected standards but the clutch is very good indeed and they are well made,bomb-proof and extremely cheap second hand.

steveo

Reaction score
solar I use my Z's for close range no probs..

However Ive got a set of old gt5000 that I'd happily swap /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif)

Alternatively if you want some new small water reels then have a look at the Daiwa SS2600 Tournaments,I use them for stalking and they are lovely carpy reels.

Also both Emblem Z's sell for good money on ebay,especially the Baboons ass ones with the wood handle.

R

Roto Fryer

why do you feel you have to buy new reels just because you are fish ing a smaller lake?

i use my big pits everywhere as the bloody things cost 200+ each