beer can widget eriez orange glow in the dark pike float

nicky

Reaction score
Last edited:

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is my second attempt at making beer can widget floats and whilst searching the net the other day I found that i am not the only person doing it except that someone else was using them as night floats and i thought what a good idea lol hopefully ill get to try them out now on the weekend on the canal.

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u507/contender12/beerwidgetglowfloat.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u507/contender12/beerwid.jpg

I knocked one up as a drop off indicator on the bank one night with a bit of braid, a paper-clip and a starlight.
I formed the paper-clip into a line clip and fixed it by heating it with a lighter and poking it through the widget. I tied a length of braid to one end of the clip and tied the other end of it to the rear bank stick, that worked great during daylight but when night fell I bored a hole through the widget with a pair of scissors and popped a starlight in it, it lit the whole sphere and looked great, it was also big enough to be seen with the peripheral vision so you didn't have to stare at it all night.
As a bankside bodge it was great.

chris hall

Reaction score
Excellent idea, I will have to look into doing that too, just need to buy some of the storage vessels they come in. Doubt the missus will buy into that idea though ;)
Chris.

nicky

Reaction score
i do enjoy making fishing stuff i also made some sliders that have a cotton bud going right through the centre

nicky

Reaction score
Used the floats last night and this morning i didn't catch but my mate had 1 after dark and 4 this morning using the floats they worked flawlessly, definitely be making more of those.

They stood perfectly upright and the night lights looked like a beacon and could be seen clearly at a considerable distance.