Miserable Carp Anglers

steveo

Reaction score
I felt compelled to mention this after reading an artical in the March issue of Carpworld.

The very successfull angler's carping career was shown.As he got older and better at catching,in the pictures of him with his captures he looks more and more miserable.Yet when he was still fresh into his Carping he was grinning like a Cheshire cat when holding a low double but he looks like someone stole the jam out of his doughnut whilst he is holding a Fifty pounder.

I looked back over my albums and BLIMEY I have slowly started to suffer from the same affliction of looking less and less pleased with the Carp I have caught even though they were bigger and hard won.I checked photos of me with Pike,Barble,Rudd,Perch and I look pleased as punch with them????

Now I am not saying that all Carp anglers look P******D off with their capture but alot do.So from now on when I eventually catch another Carp I will be Grinning like Loone...

Cheers

The Monk

Reaction score
Its a disease Stevem Carp fever, I once suffered with it for years mate, a terrible afflition, while i hat it I lost jobs and marraiges and never had any money, no social life and started to smell/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, its starts quite simple, you try a boilie with friends to show off, its wasnt long before I was on 25 kilo a day, its a terrible thing mate, my mate suffered for years and eventually found a job in it, he now writes carp articles for a living, God rest his soul

steveo

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

I

Ian Cloke

Sounds like you need to join a self help group Steveo, or carp angler anonymous......I fear it's already too late for the Monk..........

R

Roto Fryer

smilling is pictures is generally not done because you have the fish out of the water for a minute or two at the most and you are still examining the fish when you get photographed. Even my biggest fish were back in the water asap. don't use sacks either

steveo

Reaction score
Good xplanation Roto but I fear the endemic has deeper issues....

I mean I have witnessed many times the the Carp is rested and looked after in the net in the water by one of the anglers mates.

The capter of the Carp then gets his sling wetted and zeroed,wets the mat get his camera ready,some water and klinic.(at this point he is usually still looking chuffed with his efforts..)

Then the Carp is weighed and depending on weather its a new pb or a 20,30 etc their is usually some hand shaking and "Well Done Mate,Good Angling!"

The captor still looks happy...

Then!!...The captor will hoist the Carp up,hunch his shoulders and try to get as much as possible of himself behind the carp.So only feet,fingertips and a portion of the head are in view.The captor will then scowl at either the head or tail of the Carp with an expression of a man who has just seen his neighbours cat s**t on his lawn.

Photos will be taken and the Carp returned from its ordeal..The captor then again appears to regain his emotions and starts to smile!!???Baffling

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I always try and smile, its what its all about......
Barbel.jpg

6.jpg

5lb14ozEel.jpg

Fen15.jpg

Even with a Ratfish
38.jpg

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
And you still look a tit/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

fanx /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
You know I don't mean it; Barney told me to say it, and he's a left and right tit/forum/smilies/secret_smiley.gif

R

Roto Fryer

fish44b.jpg

i apologise for once again putting this pic up but unlike mr posing Gaunt I am looking at the fish and not the camera.

The Monk

Reaction score
hi Steve, yes mate, i`ve got em all, well up until i stopped collecting them/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif