The Barbel Society Pixham Syndicate.

Rich Frampton

Reaction score

cg74

Reaction score
Rich a few questions:

What is the maximum number of syndicate members?

What is the max number of day tickets issued per day?

If you travel to the end of Pixham Ferry lane to what looks like a car park(?), where exactly is the BS stretch.
Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions

Are there swims that could accommodate a bivvy, say 4-6ft above normal river level?

Am I allowed to walk the stretch without being BS member?

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's a good stretch Rich with loads of history, congratulations to whoever managed to negotiate it. If you have managed to get bankside access all the better. That tramp across two fields, one which was always in crop, two locked gates and a stile to get to the old Beauchamp fishery was a killer and probably half the reason why you had trouble selling tickets for it.

B

Berty

That's a good stretch Rich with loads of history, congratulations to whoever managed to negotiate it. If you have managed to get bankside access all the better. That tramp across two fields, one which was always in crop, two locked gates and a stile to get to the old Beauchamp fishery was a killer and probably half the reason why you had trouble selling tickets for it.

I never had a problem with that.......pre bivvy boy days!

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

That's probably because you are one of those lucky people blessed with good health and mobility, for those of us who are not so lucky good access, preferably vehicular, is a necessity.

cg74

Reaction score

I understand the first part of your post but WTF is the second part about?

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Rich a few questions:

If you travel to the end of Pixham Ferry lane to what looks like a car park(?), where exactly is the BS stretch.

Are there swims that could accommodate a bivvy, say 4-6ft above normal river level?

Can anyone help?

Rich Frampton

Reaction score

Cheers Ade.
The society has a great team on the committee. :)
The car park we have use of is the one at the end of the lane....a public car park.

Rich.

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

Rich a few questions:

Colin.
2.Technically a syndicate member can buy a day ticket for a guest if they choose too.
3.Upstream of the car park.
4.Some swims yes.
5.There is a public footpath if you look at an os map online.

To remind you have to be a member to join the syndicate.

Hope that covers it all.
Thanks .
Rich

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

Just to reinforce the quality of the fishery a catch of 5 barbel including 3 doubles was made recently.
Rich.

B

Berty

That's probably because you are one of those lucky people blessed with good health and mobility, for those of us who are not so lucky good access, preferably vehicular, is a necessity.

I'm starting to feel the long hauls now that i'm 57 and i do understand about good health and mobility, yes, i am lucky, but if i ever get to the stage where i can't access my old haunts i won't whinge about it, i'll just smile at the days i had.

---------- Post added at 17:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

I understand the first part of your post but WTF is the second part about ?

Erm.......that would be the days when i never saw a bivvy on the river Severn.......we night fished under our brollies then! simples!

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm starting to feel the long hauls now that i'm 57 and i do understand about good health and mobility, yes, i am lucky, but if i ever get to the stage where i can't access my old haunts i won't whinge about it, i'll just smile at the days i had.

Oh I'm not whinging, I had some good fishing at Beauchamp back in the day when I had my health but these days I'm fortunate enough to be a member of a lower Severn syndicate which does have vehicular access to your swim, a locked gate policy and most important of all a fantastic group of lads to fish with.

B

Berty

Oh I'm not whinging, I had some good fishing at Beauchamp back in the day when I had my health but these days I'm fortunate enough to be a member of a lower Severn syndicate which does have vehicular access to your swim, a locked gate policy and most important of all a fantastic group of lads to fish with.

I'm sorry to hear your health isn't what it was but glad you have your lower Severn fishing sorted, good luck :)

I have to admit that syndicates are the way forward, to many idiots ruining club waters nowadays.

We were lucky to be there in the early days.

cg74

Reaction score
Colin.
2.Technically a syndicate member can buy a day ticket for a guest if they choose too.
3.Upstream of the car park.
4.Some swims yes.
5.There is a public footpath if you look at an os map online.

To remind you have to be a member to join the syndicate.

Hope that covers it all.
Thanks .
Rich

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

Just to reinforce the quality of the fishery a catch of 5 barbel including 3 doubles was made recently.
Rich.

Thanks Rich.

Rich Frampton

Reaction score
Another fish over 12 came out a few days ago........ looking like it is really as good as it used to be. :)