Unsolicited Emails

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Why have I started receiving unsolicited emails?

I got one on Tuesday from Eric's Anglign Centre, again yesterday from Big Fish Clothing (not the first in this case) and today I got one from Sticky Baits.

I have not dealt with any of these companies, nor have I dealt with any other retailers recently, and the only fishing website I go to or am registered with is this one.

Question: have FM sold my/our email address/es to these outlets? Does anyone else get unsolicited emails from them?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rich P

Reaction score
That all sounds highly suspicious, Jeff, and sorry to hear it. This won't ease the burden much but I'm registered on about five angling forums and I receive very few angling related emails, apart from those I have consciously subscribed to.

Have you made any recent enemies, who also might have your email address?

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Hmmm, strange then. I'm looking for the connection, but can't come up with one. I get stuff from Great Art, nothing to do with fishing, and M&S, MoneySavingExpert, Screwfix, and a few other places where I have shopped online, but non of them angling related. I only bought Angler's Mail yesterday after God knows how many months, but they don't have my email. It only started a week or so back.

PUZZLED!!!
wtf.gif

sam vimes

Reaction score
Eric's and Stickybaits, whilst not strictly the same company, do have strong links. If you've managed to get on the mailing list for one then it's no surprise to find that you end up on the list of the other.

I'm not getting emails from either Eric's or Sticky despite buying from both.

FishingMagic

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This activity is certainly not related to FishingMagic in any way, we maintain a strict privacy policy and do not disclose information pertaining to our membership to third parties.

nicepix

Reaction score
Jeff, Are you on yahoo e-mail? I'm having all sorts of messages geting through that previously were directed to the Spam folder. I can't even block their addresses now. Something seems to have gone wrong with the mail program.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Do you use the internet Jeff ?
No, never go near it Benny. I'm not computer literate. ;) :)
It's not one of the clubs you're a member of Jeff ?? And although i've not had them, it's not the AT is it ??.
All my clubs are hush-hush, Merv. We don't even know who our fellow members are, apart from the secret handshake. I should hope it's not ATr, but I'll ask.

terry m

Reaction score
I received the Sticky Bait and Erics angling, both were asking to be 'liked on Facebook' whatever the hell that means!

goonch

Reaction score
Ask the companies who have sent you the emails.