Wild mammals spotted whilst fishing

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I found a bank vole sniffing around my bait bag yesterday whilst fishing.

I have seen otters, pigmy shrews, common shrews, field mice, rats, water voles, Sika deer, fallow deer, Muntjac deer, foxes, rabbits, hares, mink, stoats, weasels whilst actually fishingbut a first time to see a bank vole.

I won't count the lynx seen on the way to a match...

Any more for any more?

I

Ian Cloke

Pot bellied pigs! I saw a pair of them that had escaped. Mink, weasles, stoat, shrews, voles, foxes, rabbits, hares, plus quite a few others, that I can't remember at the mo'....

T

Tony Rocca

Watched Mr and Mrs Otter trying to start a family not ten yrds from me on a river in Spain last week, I didnt move and they never knew I was there.

E

EC

Catch any bigguns Tony?

I got a pic of a little vole thingeo on the Dove not long back!

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
My best sightings have been this year were we have seen what I assume to be the same otter twice on our club water.

Same as all the rest of the lads with deer, mink and voles etc but the one thing a mate and myselfdid see and sadlywill never know what sort it was. Coming home from Bullocks Farm on a scorching hot afternoon from a match. We were driving very slowly because at that time the track was full of huge pot holes anda very large snake crossed the track in front of the car.

It was a silvery colour and absolutely no way was it a grass snake. It was a good 6ft long and had a girth like my wrist. Miles bigger than any grassy. We both agreed at the time that if anything it looked like a cobra with its hood down.

Frustratingly we will never know what it was. Itoften comes up between us in conversation though and I guess it always will.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Mark....i have spotted a big Lynx like cat too.....only it had a tail, i was alone at the time and to be honest it took my breath away with it's size.

Don't get me wrong it wasn't lion size.......about twice the size of a big domesticated cat,,,,,,i wonder if a domestic could cross breed with a "big cat" and produce such offspring?

Seen most of the rest exept for otter and badger.........oh and the wild pig was in a Bavarian wood!

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
4 foot long Monitor Lizard in Malaysia recently. Near crapped myself, thought it was a Croc.!

The Monk

Reaction score
phew all sort apart from the Ruffe Slappers on Boggart hole Clough, I`ve also seen Rhino, Giraffe, monkeys, Elephant. zebra ansd scousers, we use to fish a poor near Knowsley safari park

Keith M

Reaction score
Anyone seen any scottish wildcats? Ive heard that they will crossbreed with domestics very occassionally, I don't know whether this is true though. Maybe these may have been what those so called Lynxs were that you saw Mark & Paul.

I have had a fox sit down behind me (about 10ft away) at our estate lake. it sat there watching mefor about 5 minutes then wandered off down the bank when I heard some ducks making an awful racket.

We also had a rabbit kiiled by a stoat or weasel in a swim between me and my mate, we heard tha animal attack the rabbit and then saw the small animal dragging it into the undergrowth after killing it.

We have also seen Muntjack deer, Badgers, Adders, Grass snakes, Tawny Owls etc. we also havea few bats living ina small man made cave/boat house.

I woke up one morning to find a hedghog fast asleep in my frying pan under my bedchair in my bivvy, where it had licked up all the fat then just fell asleep.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Eddie C wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Does a werewolf count?</blockquote>
/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gifHahahahahahh