Fishing in Austalia

Matt B

Reaction score
Hello Gents and Ladies,

I am moving to Sydney in May and was hoping some of you may have experience of fishing in and around Sydney and New South Wales. I know the sea fishing is splendid and there is possible trout fishing in the Blue Mountains but do any of you have any expereince, friends, web links that might help me get started?

I normally enjoy course (particulalry predator fishing,) game and sea fishing so am open to any tips you may have.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt

Matt B

Reaction score
Nice one Nobby, perfect. Much appreciated.

Matt

N

Nobby C

According to one guidebook I looked at there are roach and tench in the Southern areas,albeit limited. Perch (known as redfin) are reasonably common too and grow to some decent weights.

Don't forget the 2 eel species, long and short finned that exist to BIG size mister nice guy and are , in some places, trapped for live export to the Asian market.

steveo

Reaction score
When I was living in Perth I jus went into the local tackle shop and asked.Thats the best place to start.The Aussies aint secretive and will be only to pleased to help.

Try watching Rex Hunt or try googling for Rexies fishing mate Kaj Bush(the human broome).I believe he is very much into his trout fishing.

If you fancy Carp then try the upper areas of the Gippsland Basin river system.I have heard rumors of very big Carp.However it would require a few months expedition into the bush to find them.Something I would love to do if I had the funds.

Have a good time,I wish I was back living there.

hope this helps.