Angling north tackle show extravaganza

D

Dave Feeney

Wow!! a complete madhouse on satarday , very busy, could have done with a bit more space, plenty of bargins to be had, some good ground bait at ?1 a bag, and it amazes me how cheap quality carbon rods can be got for.
I don't think any big tackle companys were there, but it wasn't to bad a show, and as I said people were getting good deals.... so not bad!
Ian Heaps was there, and as allways was well worth listening to, as was Jan Porter, and Terry Hearn.
So next year just a little more space that way it won't feel like Harrods sale
( like I'd know a Harrods sale, but you get my point!.)

M

Matthew White

I was at the show as well and had a great day. I picked up loads of bargains!
I was a bit dissapointed with the lack of big name companies there though, but in the north what can you expect!
I had a chat with Jan Porter and found him to be a really good geezer, same goes for Terry Hearn- I dont fish for Carp but it was good talking to him - top bloke!
I got the impression Ian Heaps was more interested in selling his videos and promoting his fishery than answering questions from joe public, or maybe I just caught him at a bad time.
I definately agree that there could of been a bit more space as the place was packed out.
On the whole a brilliant day out well worth travelling to.
I cant wait till next year.