help! dead camera!!

N

Nobby C

ladies and gents, I have a Fuji finepix S5600 with a problem!

Basically, it keeps shutting off, I could sometimes take 1 or 2 shots before shutdown but that's it. I can view pictures for a time and again until the camera shuts down.Apart from installing new batteries,which I have done to no avail, is there anything else I can do?

I took the camera to an independent shop and they quoted me well over £100 to repair(£130). Are there any alternatives or should I accept the thing is stuffed and buy new now?

The Monk

Reaction score
the Nikon F5s are a lot more reliable, I have one here as luck as it, you can have it foir £399.00/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

N

Nobby C

Wow, it's just gone up a £100???

Is it better than my Leica R6.2 then?/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
No its £299 body only Nobby, anyway an investment like a Nikon F5 will only go up in price, buy now!!! Buy Buy Buy/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, or will swop for a Leica R6.2/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

N

Nobby C

Negative Captain, wot abaahrt my camera then? Any suggestions that don't involve me buying an obsolete lump like an F5???

Leicas are an investement, I may consider it against my R5, but I doubt it!!/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Price drop by £100 now, whatever next, £2.99?

The Monk

Reaction score
Oi its a nice looking obsolete lump/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

Nobby,

I have a Fuji A303 compact that wouldn't switch on occasionally and then would swithc off from time to time.

<u>This is interesting</u>. I have a new camera now, the S9600, but I first of all transferred the 256mb chip from my old one into it before I got a new 1gb xD chip for it. I keep the 256mb chip now as a spare and put a very old 64mb chip into the A303. Since doing that I haven't had any further switch on/off problems with the old A303.

So - was it the 256mb xD chip that was causing the problems? Had I installed it correctly or does it have a problem? Or does the problem still exist in the A303, but hasn't surface d since? I may never know, but if you have a spare chip try changing it and trying.

For £130 you could almost buy a brand new S5600. Such is our throw-away society.

or upgrade for cheaper.

N

Nobby C

Hi wooders, tried it without any card and the result is the same. can't find the damn cards right now....doh/forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

send it to me and I will have a look at it for you......................

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Hi Nobby, A friend with a fuji also had this problem, bought a new card and it seems to be problem solved.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Nobby, send it to M r White, he will convert it into a radio controlled boat or a bite alarm.

What colour lights you want on it?.

Failing that Christian could be right. find someone with same card and try it.

Ohh sorry Woodhouse/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

N

Nobby C

Who you calling a pod tit, Fatty??/forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif

It would appear that memory cards can have an adverse affect on battery life and the cards specified for this camera are a different shape to the one supplied so I've ordered a new 2gb xD card from Amazon for £15 inc. postage.

If this fails then Mr monkfish can have my Fuji in exchange for his gert doorstop.

Cheers for the replies gents.

Nobby C

The Monk

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Nobby C wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Who you calling a pod tit, Fatty??/forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif

It would appear that memory cards can have an adverse affect on battery life and the cards specified for this camera are a different shape to the one supplied so I've ordered a new 2gb xD card from Amazon for £15 inc. postage.

If this fails then Mr monkfish can have my Fuji in exchange for his gert doorstop.

Cheers for the replies gents.

Nobby C</blockquote>
haha cheers Nobby I might take you up on that mate

The Monk

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Woody the Moaning Marlow Meldrew wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Here's an idea ! ! ! ! !

Why not join on ThinkCamera and ask there. </blockquote>

your joking Woody theres only me and you posts on there/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

and we don`t know anyway

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>The Monk, wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Woody the Moaning Marlow Meldrew wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Here's an idea ! ! ! ! !

Why not join on ThinkCamera and ask there. </blockquote>

your joking Woody theres only me and you posts on there/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

and we don`t know anyway</blockquote>

9.gif