what mag is best

Lord Paul

Reaction score
My nephew (12) got in to anglingabout a year ago - and he's becoming a carp fanatic - I was wondering which carp mag you lot consider the best -

W

Wolfman Woody

Oh - a CARP mag.

Sorry, can't help you there. No wait, strike that last comment, maybe I can.

I bought a copy of TotalCarp December issue, it doesn't look too bad. Some of the others just have picture after picture of someone holding a 32lber, then a 34lber, then 30lber, then a 39lber, then a 42lber .... ad infinitem....... All with the same pose (struggling ot hold the monster), all with the same background and same bush. Absolutley - <u>BORING!</u>

Got to say, TotalCrap looked a bit different, like they were enjoying it - is that possible?

The Monk

Reaction score
Ah fishing mag, I was going to say Total Guitar, I was having a read through carp world the other day, not bought it for years but I see Uncle Tims no longer the editor, when dod that happen?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Old Grim Pastry is older than me mate. Probably hung up his carp rods years ago.

John Southgate

Reaction score
I'm not exactly an expert but subscribe to both totalcarp and carpology. i would say totalcarp seems to have a few more "basics" features but both are good mags. from a design point of view i think i prefer carpology. there we go, i sat on the fence nicely there!

The Monk

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Old Grim Pastry is older than me mate. Probably hung up his carp rods years ago.</blockquote>
? I didnt think anyone was older than you mate/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, I remember Tim coming on the carp scene in the mid seventies, how old is he?

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>speci-hunter wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

IYCF is good that way you can teach him all types of fishing....</blockquote>

...tackle for sale at Fishtec and all about what shiny new equipment you should be seen with instead of learning about actual fishing. Oh and he will have to get used to seeing Matt Hayes with tilted head and shades and toothy grin...

How about Coarse Fisherman

Specihunter

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>speci-hunter wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

IYCF is good that way you can teach him all types of fishing....</blockquote>

...tackle for sale at Fishtec and all about what shiny new equipment you should be seen with instead of learning about actual fishing. Oh and he will have to get used to seeing Matt Hayes with tilted head and shades and toothy grin...

How about Coarse Fisherman</blockquote>
we are on about beginners

Deanos

Reaction score
I really like UK CARP angling times magazine.

It has loads of basics in, its not all "names", and is a great starting point.

For carp fishing basics on DVD, I like Julian Cundiff...not least because he is a Yorkshire lad like me self, but has also taken time out to answer some questions I had regarding carp fishing...a nice fella! again, good basics for new carp anglers like myself.

Recommend both the above Lord Paul.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Thanks chaps

I'll be looking to get a subscription for his birthday-though I will naturally keep the joining gift

Jay Folly

Reaction score
A good way to see how the mags compare is to look at thier web sites. all of them have "current issue" pages that you can see what is in the current mag.

Carptalk even do an e-mail edition, that is sent free./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Just"google" fishing magazine....................

www.TalltreesFishery.com

Joey

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Lord Paul of Sheffield wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>My nephew (12) got in to anglingabout a year ago - and he's becoming a carp fanatic - I was wondering which carp mag you lot consider the best -</blockquote>
At his age Playboy might be a better idea, you don't want him getting involved with those wierd carpers.

steveo

Reaction score
RUSTLER!!!!....

Oooops sorry jus read the rest....

Who knows all the mags have the same stuff in them...Buy him a few and let him decide....

Big Carp always used to be good,Carpworld is full of rubbish and adverts but I still buy it.

Foxy

Reaction score
lets me fair there all crap. one week star angler "X" is telling you to use this bait and this tecnique, week after in another mag the same bloke is telling you to use another bait as his sponsership deal has changed

only get carp world for the rigs now, the rest can get bent