Chopping / Breaking Up Boilies

Reaction score
I like to put a few broken boilies in PVA mesh along with pellets and groundbait etc.

How do you break/chop yours?

Do you bash em, chop em carfully with a knife or blitz em in a blender for a bit?

Ideally I could do with one of those multi-blade, spring loaded chopping things that were around in the 70s from Ronco that you bash repeatedly with your hand ["and remember this choppy thing is not available in the shops"]

Morespiders

Reaction score
Matt, put them between the cheek's of your hairy arse and squeeze gently.

Taking care not to break wind.

Reaction score
Matt,

An old-fashioned MINCER (no, not FM's own morespiders! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif) will do the trick...

...if you prepare your PVA bags at home. Got mine for 50p from a charity shop. It's ideal if you want a few chunks left in, due to the bore of the screw mechanism and the removable extrusion plates. Fish a similar broken piece on the hair (don't be afraid to fish a small hook, I very often use Drennan Barbel 14s), good on pressurised waters.

A more portable solution for the bank is the pump-actionhttp://www.guardianoffers.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/guardianoffers/_AUTOCHOP/119305/veg chopper as recommended by carp luminarie Danny Fairbrass.

Don't buy a ridiculously expensive version like THIS ONE or the ones advertised on fishing websites. They are two a penny in charity shops, £1 shops and the like. £3 tops...

If you want to create powder (to add an extra zing to PVA/ method/ groundbait mix), a second hand coffee grinder or magimix should do the trick.

Hope that helps.

Many congrats on the buns of steel, but we have kevlar buns down our way. 300% more durable, with a 90% improvement in crushing function (Which Boilie Buns, January 2008), but no doubt you'll catch up eventually...

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
If the boilies are good fresh ones (in other words not dries out and rock hard) I just crush them by hand as I tie my next bag on the bank. They usually squash easily between your fingers.

I personally sport titanuim buns and have the adamantium ones on order though I may be waiting a while...

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

But you are a tight arsed old bugga Cakey.....

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

/forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

so what does uncle Paul use .................a big breasted red head ?

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

LOL.........i like to knead em till they crumble in my hands /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

cant see the point in spending money when you have a little matt