Contentious Issues About Angling

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
If Barrie Rickards writes a shopping list, I will read it, so his recent article on litter, passing without apparent comment by anyone seems strange. My humble observations are as follows:
None of us ever leave any litter – do we! Some clubs and societies will insist that pegs and swims are clear before anglers leave, but how many have officers present to ensure that is the case? This is surely a problem that should be attacked from the front end. Instead of trying to catch anglers after they have gone, why not ban them before they start! What I am suggesting is simple; don’t let people onto the water unless they can prove they have the means of taking litter away when they go. This could be as simple as a Tesco/Sainsbury/Waitrose bag. (If you haven’t got one – call me, I seem to have about 200 under my kitchen sink!)
There you have it – no bag, no fishing. With many clubs AGM’s about to take place, how difficult would it be to slip in that little rule change? Officers of the club would have the right to ask anyone fishing at any time to produce their litter bag, or leave. Can’t be argued against – can it?

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Fred
Sorry - Firstly I left it too long to comment on Barrie Rickards article, I then posted on the wrong forum (Predator)and then I read the thread in Coarse Fishing forum!!! I only scan through the threads and I missed it completely.