HDR experiment

M

MarkTheSpark

This is the famed barbel pool on the Nene, which is slightly in flood at the moment. I HDR'd it with PhotoMatix (it's watermarked with the name because I'm too mean to buy the programme!) but it's done a very good job on the picture.

Using PhotoMatix is quite eautomated and easy - get a trial version and give it a go. I'm running it on XP Pro with no problems./members/images/8922/Gallery/nene.jpg

M

MarkTheSpark

$99 dollars, Cakey. So about £50. It's one of those purchases I'll make when I can find a commercial application for it; I have some ideas, but for now I'm just playing with it.

There's also the interesting technique of focus-stacking - where you have reduced depth of field, shooting a range of focus points and then combining them. I used it to shoot THIS picture of a size 16 Greenwells. To get it to work well with macro (its best application), you really need a focusing rail. The action of focussing with macro lenses gives a 'zoon' effect and then the software has some difficultyb resolving the images. But it's good stuff.

For a tutorial, look at THIS by the amazing Lord V, a legendary figure on Flickr

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Flickr is great for photography advice. So many different groups but some of which arn't very active but some are great. Worth checking out.