EFTTA Releases Eight New Line Test Results

M

MarkTheSpark

Say what you like about Drennan, but at least they're honest.

L

Laurie Harper

The lesson appears to be buy your line from the Germans or the Japanese, but not the Italians...

Trisantona

Reaction score
OK for what it is, but you also need to consider suppleness,visibility ,abrasion resistance,and crinkleing.!!!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
When buying line, any line, if you work on the assumption that the actual breaking strain will be at least 30% higher than the one stated you won't be far out, the higher the stated breaking strain the higher the percentage too.

There is a shop in Dartford, The Tackle Box, that send out a brochurecontaining nearly all the actual breaking strains of modern lines used by anglers and a real eye opener it is too. I had it once and sent out photo copies to Graham Marsden, Andy Nellist, Mark Wintleand some others I can't remember them all, Andy may remember because he had seen it before he told me.

They are incidentally a great place for reel repairs too and well worth remembering.

Trisantona

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>CAKEY ........ wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>and memory</blockquote>
I knew i'd forgot something.../forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif. Graham i think I.G.F.A. line classes are certified to break BELOW stated strain, this is mainly for yanks who claim records after playing 100 lb. sharks for about two days on 6lb. mono !!! wonder how this affects braid as most of that is/was American.....best way to choose line is go to a GOOD tackle shop and explain what you want to use it for,or ask on here./forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

I

ian cutsforth 2

"nowt" wrong with drennen./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

mmmm dunno.......................................Id be a bit up set if I set up a rotten bottom only to find its 2lb stronger than I thought and didnt break at the rightplace!