DIY Tackle - assistance needed

Dusty

Reaction score
I am trying to obtain some threaded bar/rod 3/8 inch BSF and threaded inserts/nuts preferably brass so that I can modify my Fox X Pod Plus. It came with facilities for 3 rods but as I only ever use two I want to modify it as this will make a bit more room in the swim. I don’t want to buy stainless steel as they are 1) too heavy, 2) too expensive, and 3) I like making my own tackle where possible. I do have some aluminium box section so I am alright for that . So is there anybody out there who could help me locate the 3/8 BSF threaded bar/rod and the 3/8 threaded inserts/nuts all in brass if possible? I have tried the internet for nearly 4 days and am now beginning to lose the will to live, so if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated. Dusty.

The bad one

Reaction score
Engineering Product stockists who do a good range of nut, bolts might be worth a go. I get allsorts of bits from them to repair vintage electric motors. It always astounds me the weired nuts, washers and threads they can get there hands on.

The Monk

Reaction score
alternatively you could borrow or buy a tap and die set, when I used to make buzz bars in the 70s I use to used these

Reaction score
Look on google and enter 'fasteners' or 'threaded bar stock'. Threaded bar is only readily available in stainless steel or carbon steel (which will rust). If you require it in Aluminium or brass then you will have to get it made or buy plain bar and run a die down it. Unless you have the tools then it could start to get expensive.

You could also approach a small machine shop (not a shop that sells machines but one that has a tool room with lathes, milling machines etc) and I am sure they could make you one offs to your sketches.

Hope that helps Dusty